Safety Consultants and Solutions Provider Limited, is established to provide cost effective, integrated safety consultancy solutions and services. Our key strengths are in Fire Safety, Process Safety, HSE/MS Training, Technical Safety, Occupational Safety, Environmental Management Safety, Construction Safety and Pipe Integrity management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Design/Quotation Engineer
Reports to: Engineering & Estimation Lead
Grade: Assist Officer II, 1 & Officer II
- The Job holder will be responsible for drawing up full technical quotations, from design to final cost, based on the customer’s specifications.
- Quotation requests are made for the most fascinating and wide-ranging projects. The role will require you to visit project sites, clients’ offices and other relevant locations.
- Conduct research to solve practical engineering problems and improve efficiency. Mentor other Design Engineers and assist project management when essential.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead projects with design and engineering support.
- Thoroughly analysing clients’ specifications and highlighting the main points. If necessary, you can request additional clarification or information from the Technical Sales department.
- Converting the specifications to our standard datasheet, making it user-friendly for our design department.
- Working out the quotation by producing an initial design (both electrical and mechanical). In addition, you will be required to compile a summary of all the technical parameters for the client.
- Acting as a point of contact for the Technical Sales team and our clients in order to support them with technical information.
- Supporting the design department when your quotation is accepted and is followed up with an order.
- Monitor and train junior engineers on projects, software, and SCSP processes.
- Oversee testing and design of assigned project and product line.
- Design systems taking into account cost, availability of materials, strength and maintenance requirements, appearance and impact on the user and on the environment.
- Use computer-aided (CAD) to assist in design and drawing.
- Analyze project or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range product engineering planning.
- Confer with personnel and customers to clarify or resolve problems, and develops design.
- Prepare or direct preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if test design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confer with other engineering personnel and prepare design modifications as required.
- Any other assigned roles by the Management.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a relevant and equivalent engineering discipline.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Apply SCSP, and where appropriate Client’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Ability to present in front of clients and senior leadership as necessary.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with NFPA standards.
- 3D design software experience required.
- Five plus years’ experience designing fire safety engineering equipment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD is required.
- Ability to interface with professionals of all levels and possession of leadership skills.
- Intermediate problem solving and project management skills.
- Leads, coordinates, negotiates and knows how to take decisions when necessary
- Has technical knowledge and is profit minded.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication & reporting skills- written and oral.
- Main Contractors
- Clients’ representatives
- Operations Team
- Technical Sales Team
- The job requires 75% travel time from the job holder.
- Proficiency in English Language (Written & Spoken) is a must.
- Knowledge of one or more international language is added advantage.
- Ability to speak other local Nigerian languages is a plus.
- Location: Any location within and outside Nigeria where SCSP has Project sites.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2019.