International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistic Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- To provide quality logistic support for all for International Medical Corps (IMC) project sites in Nigeria, and to work with other members of the logistics team to develop and implement efficient logistical support systems.
- Carry out tasks within approved IMC Policies and procedures
- Complete required tasks using initiative and/or basic planning.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- May be responsible for supervising one or more temporary support staff/casual labourers, including basic planning of day-to-day work.
- Impact team/processes on a wider scale including program teams.
- Contribute to improvements in processes.
- Ensure procurement is conducted in line with IMC policies and procedures, through the IMC logistics, purchasing and supply procedures in compliance with donor requirements and regulations.
- Review all requisitions and liaise with Senior Procurement Officer to ensure that adequate specifications and correct budget estimates are provided.
- Working with the Senior Procurement Officer, provide timely information to the programme department on status of their procurement actions.
- Provide information to the Warehouse team on dispatches expected and advise on any special instruction to expedite delivery to the final destination.
- Assist the Senior Procurement Officer in maintaining accurate records of all procurement transactions, as required, both electronically and manually for audit trail.
- Assist the Senior Procurement Officer to generate regular logistics reports (i.e. production of requisition tracking sheet, Request order reports, Purchase order reports, etc.) and other relevant logistics reports.
- Work closely with the Warehouse team to ensure the compilation of invoices, delivery notes, GRNs and other receipts to facilitate invoice processing
- Effective communication with all relevant departments (particularly programme and finance) on any issues relating to logistics and the associated processes involved
- Be ready for deployment to other logistics functions such as warehouse, fleet, or programme to allow career growth and development.
- Assume other additional responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.
Skills and Competence
- Diploma qualification in a Business Management Course, preferably supply and logistics.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and a team player
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written English: ability to keep teams up to date with relevant information and produce timely reports.
- Ability to work within deadlines and under pressures while ensuring attention to details.
- Initiative, flexible and willing to work extra hours and spend periods of time in the field.
- Excellent Computer skills in MS Office Package.
- 2 years’ significant work experience in a busy logistics environment, including communications systems and warehousing preferably with an international non-governmental organization.
- Demonstrated experience in record keeping, administration and numeric skills.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2019.
The post International Medical Corps Job Vacancy : Logistic Assistant appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.