B. Adedipe Associates Limited – We are a compact and dynamic financial/management consulting firm, in continuous operation now for over 24 years. We are seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: The Institute Steering Committee and subsequently to MLDC BoD
- The Nigerian Microfinance Platform (NMP) initiated the establishment of a training center for the Microfinance sector in 2015.
- The main objective of the initiative is to provide sustainable solution to sundry capacity development needs of the sector and to provide a consolidated vehicle for constructive engagement with relevant stakeholders of the sector through facilitating policy dialogue and advocacy and research.
- The thrust is to achieve a world class learning and development resource centre for all microfinance institutions in Nigeria (and possibly beyond and into the West African sub-region, as it matures) as well as their stakeholders. In order to drive the process of the establishment and functioning of the institute, the NMP – in collaboration with its partners – seeks to employ a substantive Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with the requisite qualifications and experience.
- The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is to serve as the head of the Institute and, in collaboration with the Steering Committee (subsequently the Board) will be responsible for delivering the mandate of the Instutute.
- The overriding purpose of the position of CEO of the Institute is to provide leadership in running the Institute, ensuring the attainment of the objectives of the Institute in accordance with its vision, mission and driven by the core values, while owing full accountability to the stakeholders.
- The CEO gets directives from the Steering Committee (subsequently BoD) with authority and responsibility to ensure its implementation and render accounts to the BoD regularly as defined by laid down policies, processes and procedures.
Liaison with BoD and Governance:
- Work with the BoD to finalize a comprehensive governance framework (systems, structures, processes and procedures) for the Institute in full respect of extant corporate governance codes, principles and practices.
- Perform all conventional roles of CEO’s accountability to the BoD as defined by extant corporate governance codes, principles and practices.
- Ensure the documentation and dissemination of all BoD proceedings and report promptly of their implementation.
- Ensure the strict respect of equity in stakeholders treatment by the BoD in compliance with prevailing laws, codes and practices.
Management and Administration:
- Provide general oversight of all the Institute activities, manage the day-to-day operations, and assure the smooth and efficient functioning of the Institute.
- Ensure the set-up of a functional office in collaboration with the partners;
- Assure program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, as well as regular appraisals.
- Assure a work environment that allows for the recruitment, retention and support for quality personnel at all levels of the Institute. Assures rigorous adherence to extant processes that guarantee transparency equity and fairness in the selection, development, motivation and appraisal of personnel.
- Provide oversight to all management personnel and ensures compliance with the lines of accountability with clearly defined framework and criteria for regular performance appraisal.
- Prepare the staffing and operational needs of the Institute for BoD approval. In accordance with BoD directives source, recruit qualified personnel, develop and maintain appropriate salary structures, negotiate corresponding professional contracts with consultants and sundry services providers.
Budget and Funding:
- Oversee the full gamut of fiscal and financial responsibilities of the Institute – including budgeting, reporting and audit.
- Prepare a functional plan, policies and procedures that are duly approved by the BoD for the prompt mobilization of contributions and dues from all members/owners of the Institute. Assumes full responsibility for the implementation and prompt/regular updating of the BoD.
- Work with the BoD to develop a self-sustainability plan and oversees its implementation. The ultimate goal is to achieve self-sustainability of the Institute in the first two years of its operations.
- Work with BoD to define strategies for the mobilization of funds for its budget implementation (programs and operations) and the attainment of the medium- and long-term objectives of the Institute.
- Assure the effective and efficient implementation of the fund development strategy of the Institute and act as the chief development officer and/or hire and supervise a specialist in the field.
- Work with the BoD to develop, implement and monitor a realistic fundraising framework (plan, policies and procedures) and use the framework to mobilize additional funds from donor agencies, cultivate decent relationship with donors and partners, develop and maintain an up-to-date comprehensive data base of donors and partners, regularly update and acquire new donors and partners.
Training and Capacity Development:
- Use the business plan to develop and present to the BoD a comprehensive Training and capacity Development plan of the Institute.
- Propose the personnel to the BoD to head the Training and Capacity Development activities of the Institute, hires and supervises the qualified personnel after BoD approval.
- Oversee the implementation of the Training and Capacity Development Plan.
Research and Advocacy:
- Develop and manage a functional research and advocacy strategy for MLDC. Propose to the BoD and hire appropriate expert personnel for the delivery of the strategy, provides oversight supervision.
- Provide leadership to all the Institute advocacy initiatives and nurture decent relationships with relevant actors of advocacy interventions.
- Provide overall supervision of all research initiatives of MLDC as well and ensure total quality control of eventual publications of MLDC.
- Mobilize sponsors and other PR initiatives in relevant Institute publications.
Consulting and Sundry Income Generation:
- Develop and present to the BoD a comprehensive business plan for the consulting segment of the Institute.
- Propose the personnel to the BoD for the management of the consulting activities of the Institute, hires and supervises the qualified personnel after BoD approval.
- Oversee the implementation of the consulting initiatives and stands accountable to the BoD for all internally generated incomes of the Institute. S/he is the Chief Consultant of the Institute.
- Organize and oversees the provision of comprehensive secretariat services to the Nigerian Microfinance Platform – including the updating of all the previous interventions of the Platform and available documentations – e.g. consolidation of all minutes, work groups, email addresses etc.
Networking and Partnerships:
- Develop and manage a realistic strategy for networking and partnerships as well as synergizing for the attainment of the objectives of the Institute
- Identify relevant Institutions in the Global Microfinance Training ecosystem – in addition to those identified in the business plan, develop and nurture strategic partnerships and collaborative initiatives to deliver the mandate of the Institute.
- Engage and sustain active participation on relevant networks works that promote the achievement of the mandate of the Institute. Build and sustain a comprehensive data base of these networks.
Management of the MF-Platform Secretariat:
- Organize and oversees the provision of comprehensive secretariat services to the Nigerian Microfinance Platform – including the updating of all the previous interventions of the Platform and available documentations – e.g. consolidation of all minutes, work groups, email addresses, etc.
- Organize all MF-Platform meetings, including the sending of invitations, taking of minutes during meetings, circulation of minutes and dissemination of other Platform information, etc.
- Ensure the progressive achievement/implementation of the different milestones of the MF-Platform – including the involvement of additional MFI members, inclusion of other stakeholders of the MF-Sector, representation of consumer protection groups, etc.
- Ensure the smooth functioning of all the Working Groups of the MF-Platform – including the consolidation of the mandates of the various WG, coordination of the meetings,
- Develop and maintain a functional website for the Platform and promotes its use by members. Initiate additional PR interventions and present to the BoD for approval.
- Provide reliable liaison between the MF-Platform members and the various partners and sponsors.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any field of the social sciences including strong academic credentials is required.
- Additional professional qualification in Program and project management will be an added advantage
- At least a minimum of Ten (10) years’ work experience with at least five (5) years senior management experience in a structured organisation – with preference in a private training institution.
Relevant Skills and Experiences:
- Excellent knowledge of the socio-economic and political context of Nigeria as well as adequate capacity to network with diverse stakeholders to link them up towards the goals of an organization.
- Sound knowledge of the training and capacity development ecosystem in Nigeria – in particular the offers in and for the Microfinance sub-sector – as well as knowledge of the Global Training and Development ecosystem.
- Sound Management experience with ability to entertain high level board and stakeholder management and engagement – experience in the field of Program and project Management, Capacity development, research and advocacy. Experience in setting up an institution/organization will be added advantage.
- Sound business development experience and experience in organizational creation and management.
- Ability to represent an organization, negotiate on its behalf and successfully communicate its goals and expectations to diverse interest groups and institutions at the highest level nationally and internationally.
- Strong inter-disciplinary approach to work and cross-sectorial thinking in strategic planning and decision-making.
- Ability to work with and in a team, work in a multi-ethnic and multi-national environment, multi-task, accommodate long work hours and travels.
- Demonstrable contacts and reliable networks of experts and practitioners, decision and policy makers in the Nigerian Microfinance Finance industry.
- Experience in working with the private sector, NGOs, international organizations, public institutions.
- Ability to manage a mixture of relationships including the BoD, staff, development partners, clients, sundry service providers, professional partnerships with relevant agencies, funding providers etc. with sometimes very contradictory interests and needs.
- Capacity to work under pressure in a fast moving/growing organization.
Other Skills and Attitudinal Requirements:
- Advanced computer skills and the use of conventional operating programs.
- Communication and presentations skills
- Adherence to the values of the Institute – including Integrity, Transparency and accountability, equity and fairness, Respect and loyalty, Professionalism and ethics.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Successful set-up of the Institute – including registration, fulfillment of all legal and regulatory requirements, collection of members’ contributions, etc. – within the first three months of employment.
- Successful rollout of the business plan of the Institute within the first six months of employment.
- Quality of governance framework, its compatibility with conventional corporate governance standards, its level of implementation compliance to extant codes, principles and practices.
- Quality of management and administration of the Institute at all levels of the Institute.
- Level of and accuracy of budget projections and implementation. Level of compliance with extant fiscal obligations and responsibilities
- Adequacy of fundraising and internally generated incomes of the Institute as demonstrated by the level of attainment of self-sustainability.
- Quality provision of all the core services of the Institute – training and capacity development; research and advocacy; consulting – as demonstrated by the demand of these services by the relevant target groups/clients
- Level of essential networks and partnerships negotiated and sustained as demonstrated by their relevance and/or furtherance of the objectives of the Institute.
- The functioning of the MF-Platform Secretariat, the quality of work by the various Working Group and the dissemination of their results; the level of improvement of the functioning of the MF-Platform as measured from the repositioning of the MF-Platform to deliver on all its objectives, meet all the planned milestones and the level of implementation of all MF-Platform decisions.
- Language: Fluency in English
- Age limit: Not more than 45 years
Competitive and based on qualifications & experience.
Application Closing Date
The post B. Adedipe Associates Limited Job Vacancy : Chief Executive Officer appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.