Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SILC Officer
Job Ref Code: SIO180219
- CRS will implement a multi-million-dollar, multi-year Germany Government funded, Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KFW)-managed ‘Stabilization and Reconciliation in the Lake Chad Region (STaR) Project’ in the North East of Nigeria.
- Through programming in agriculture & livelihoods, social cohesion, community infrastructure and local governance, the project is intended to contribute to the stabilization and reconciliation in the most affected regions of the Lake Chad Basin namely Borno and Adamawa in Nigeria, Diffa in Niger and, the Lake Region in Chad.
- The SILC Officer will be responsible for implementing the SILC component of the STaR project in Adamawa and Borno states. S/he will also manage the SILC component of the project with a focus on mentoring and coaching of partner staff.
- S/he will ensure that all activities related to SILC in the project are implemented according to agreed standards and protocols.
- Proactively contribute to strategic thinking on SILC issues for STaR program implementation.
- Oversee the development/review and timely implementation of SILC project work plans and activities, by ensuring the active engagement of all partner organizations
- Provide direct technical assistance to implementing partners to ensure technical soundness and high-quality SILC programming.
- Develop technical tools and materials to support SILC projects in the early recovery and resilience programs portfolio.
- Promote the project and the SILC PSPs (Paid Service Providers) to community stakeholders
- Ensure the quality of SILC groups through regular field visits and spot checks
- Organize and facilitate project events with local leaders, agents and groups, as needed
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of agent reporting
- Review data collection forms and MIS reports and act to improve project performance
- Certify and launch PSPs
- Organize and oversee PSP networks
- Routinely brief STaR leadership on progress, promptly alert to emerging issues, problems and constraints or delays in the timely implementation of activities or any other factors that could affect the quality of the services and recommend and implement approved corrective measures
- Document the implementation process, lessons learnt and success stories in each year of program implementation
Education and Experience
- Degree in Business Management, Cooperative Management, Agricultural Economics or Development Studies
- Three years of working experience in development or savings and loans programs – including focus on at least one of the following sectors – income generation and livelihoods
- Previous experience with working with local partners (capacity building)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent training and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in Hausa language as well as experience with northern Nigerian communities.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2019.
The post Catholic Relief Services Job Vacancy : SILC Officer appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.