SPM Professionals Limited is a firm with an unparalleled mix of strategic and technical expertise in business development, financial management, management consulting and corporate training programmes structured with industry specifics and functional applications.SPM has built for itself a reputation for producing results and a driven excellence culture for client’s satisfaction both regionally and internationally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following below. Other duties may be assigned:
- Managing parts of construction projects
- Overseeing building work
- Undertaking surveys
- Setting out sites and organizing facilities
- Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
- Supervising contracted staff
- Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and negotiating the price of materials
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to
- Ability to inspect construction sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
- Able to plan, investigate, and survey structural designs to determine feasibility and options.
- Ability to ensure that quality of work is in accordance with the standards specified in the design documents is maintained on site.
- Ability to maintain and ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Ability to reviews project proposals to determine goals, time frame, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
Qualification and Experience
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with a Second Class Upper or Higher in Civil/Structural Engineering
- 5 years experience in structural design and building construction
- Must be a self-starter with an attitude to problem solving
- Can work independently as well as in a team
- Demonstrates excellent professional, interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Commercial awareness – an understanding of how your actions can affect profitability of a project
- Team working and communication
- Technical skills
- An eye for detail
- Problem solving
- Management skills.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2019.
The post SPM Professionals Limited Job Vacancy : Civil Engineer appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.