Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Specialist – Gas Turbine
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Function: Services
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Process Solutions
- The Field Specialist will be in charge of site activities management including planning, assigning manpower resources and tools, providing technical assistance to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
- As a Field Specialist you will represent BHGE both technically and professionally to ensure thatequipment is installed, maintained and started properly.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service worldwide, front-line business of BHGE.
- Provide technical direction and/or project management of installation, commissioning and maintenance of Gas Turbines and Compressors and related products.
- Providing input for Daily Outage, Resident Engineer or Weekly Service Reports
- Communicating effectively with Service Managers / Installation Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Manager regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
- Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within BHGE safety standards
- Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Troubleshooting control operations and maintenance problems in the equipment
- Support the business growth requirement by driving customer satisfactory.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Good command of oral and written English
- A depth of relevant experience in energy, power or oil & gas industries
- Training/experience with installation and maintenance programs for Gas Turbines sets and all related, off base related auxiliary equipment.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Willing to continuously work on construction/maintenance sites and travel worldwide.
- This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction
- Health, Safety & Environment mindset and compliance.
- Power plant, oil and gas industry or field service experience strongly preferred
- Good knowledge of GE FR5, FR6 & FR7 Heavy Duty Gas Turbines and BCL, MCL & AN200 Compressors units.
Application Closing Date
The post Baker Hughes – GE Nigeria Job Vacancy : Field Specialist – Gas Turbine appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.