British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate – Marketing Commercial Finance Business
Job Number: 16013
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking for a new amazing colleague to join our Marketing Investments team in Nigeria, as a Associate Manager.
- Our new colleague will provide support to the Commercial Finance Team to provide practical financial evaluation, information and advice that enable the marketing management team to develop and execute effective plans and take informed decisions.
- Is responsible for preparing, tracking and reporting of the Marketing budget and to provide accurate and timely information to enable the marketing function monitor ongoing performance, on a monthly basis.
- Enable a thorough understanding of competitor brands, competitor activities and overall profitability through financial analysis and liason with the Competition Brand Manager.
- Provide the Brand team with accurate, timely, practical and value-adding information enabling the effective and efficient management of brands, such as:
- Committing an actual expenditure against budget/plan,
- Return on investment measures supporting investment decisions, e.g. new brand and product launches, pack changes, etc,
- Undertake pre- and post-implementation reviews of all marketing projects (including product launches, brand initiatives) to ascertain whether expected benefits are achievable and establish, and disseminate any lessons learned affecting future investment and spend decisions.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any other Business-related field.
- Accounting certification (ICAN or ACCA) is an added advantage.
- 3-4 years relevant experience in FMCG or similar environment.
- Strong IT skills (Ms. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Should have experience of Company Budget Planning Process.
Application Closing Date