Olam Nigeria is a leading company in the Agricultural and Packaged Foods sector in Nigeria and has been the leading exporter in Nigeria’s non-oil sector in the last several years.
At Olam manufacturing has become an essential part of our growth story & Manufacturing, Innovation & Procurement Services (MIPS) as a function plays a critical role globally. MIPS manages a network of 210 manufacturing plants and 2 Development centers across 10 Business units in 19 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
- Organize and oversee the production activities of ready to eat Noodles. Ensure the smooth running of all production lines and the quality of output.
- Manage production activity of a large plant covering Noodles and Seasoning.
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Estimate costs and prepare budgets
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitor production to resolve issues
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (Manufacturing team includes Production, Maintenance, Quality etc.)
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Report to upper management and seek guidance to resolve challenges
- Efficiencies, quality compliance, OSHE compliance and cost compliance.
- Delivery of the production plan with the agreed output reliability
- Proven experience as production manager
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP software
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- B.Sc. in Engineering or Food Technology
- Min 17 years of experience of production in leading food Manufacturing FMCG
- Experience of TPM strongly preferred.
- The candidate to have deep know-how foods production, preferably in Noodles or Seasoning production procedures.
- Ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance and demonstrate manufacturing acumen with strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Result Orientation
- Action oriented
- Team alignment
Application Closing Date