Raxon Culler Gold Limited is an indigenous Company, which was incorporated under the companies and allied matters ACT 1990 under the Laws of Nigeria, with special interest and expertise in the textile industry, renewable energy, construction, consultancy and training. We are partnering with three multinational companies from Turkey, China, and Bangladesh, with impeccable records in textile design and manufacturing, to create multi-training and employment in the Country.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Fashion Designer/Tailor
Slot: 26 Openings
- We are seeking extremely creative and well developed fashion designers with extensive experience in orchestrating all aspects of clothing design operations to join our growing team.
- In this position, you will be part of the team creating eye-catching and cutting-edge designs.
- You will design, produce, and present new fashion apparel that is on trend, while demonstrating attuned attention to detail and inventive qualities as well as meeting with key suppliers, building relationships with manufactures, and leading a team to create a finished product.
Duties and Responsibilities
Tasks include the following but core responsibilities not limited to:
- Creating or visualizing an idea and producing a design by hand or using computer-aided design (CAD)
- Keeping up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colors and shapes
- Draw, sketch, and plan designs for fashion apparel/accessories
- Create tests/prototypes of design pieces
- Planning and developing ranges
- Working with others in the design team, such as buyers and forecasters, to develop products to meet a brief
- Liaising closely with sales, buying and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure the item suits the customer, market and price points
- Understanding design from a technical perspective, i.e. producing patterns and technical specifications for designs
- Sourcing, selecting and buying fabrics, trims, fastenings and embellishments
- Adapting existing designs for mass production
- Developing a pattern that is cut and sewn into sample garments and supervising the creation of these, including fitting, detailing and adaptations
- Overseeing production
- Negotiating with customers and suppliers
- Managing marketing, finances and other business activities, if working on a self-employed basis.
- Impeccable knowledgeable of dynamically artistic Fashion Design clothing, as well as various computerized fashion design programs.
Required Qualifications and Competency
- Secondary School certificate, Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design, Merchandising, Art, or any related field.
- Body of previous working portfolio
- In-depth understanding of design principles, fashion, and the fashion industry
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience
You will need to show:
- Creativity, innovation and flair
- An eye for colour and a feel for fabrics and materials
- The ability to generate ideas and concepts
- Design and visualization skills, either by hand or through computer-aided design (CAD) is an added advantage
- Technical skills, including pattern cutting
- Garment technology skills and knowledge
- A proactive approach
- Commercial awareness and business orientation
- Self-promotion and confidence
- Interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- The ability to negotiate and to influence others
- Team working skills
- Good organization and time management.
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2019.