Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Coordinator
Location: Nigeria Country Office
Reports to: Research Adviser NTD (HH) – with dotted line to CD Nigeria
Contract type: FTC 1 year
- To provide technical, administrative and logistical support to the research studies in Nigeria.
- The post holder will work collaboratively with the Sightsavers country office and Principal Investigators in the Federal Ministry of Health in Nigeria, the Sightsavers Research team and other external academic institutions such as Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine to ensure research is implemented smoothly and to international research quality standards.
- This is an ideal post for a junior researcher in the NTD or social sciences field looking to gain experience contributing to large pieces of research which may impact NTD control, elimination and case management strategies for NTDs nationally and more widely.
- Contributing to field guides, data collection and supervision tools based on existing drafts and protocols
- Recruitment and day to day management of data collectors and co-researchers including the associated logistics
- Recruitment of study participants
- Contribute to supervision, data collection, data analysis, and reporting.
- Data management, storage, filing and uploading
- Participate in community based analysis activities
- Participate in dissemination of research findings through reports, peer-reviewed publications, targeted blogs and presentations.
- Support qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Liaise with PIs, Sightsavers in-country staff, and project implementation partners and contribute to different aspects of collaborative research project management.
- Support procurement and supply management for data collection periods
The principle accountabilities are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Job holder Entry Requirements – the essential knowledge, skills and behaviours required
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Master’s degree (or equivalent practical training) in Epidemiology, Public Health, Social Sciences or related field
- Demonstrable experience of conducting and managing research in endemic countries particularly qualitative research and/ or Neglected Tropical Disease
- Experience of working in partnership with academic institutions
- Understanding of research governance and ethical principles particularly in relation to research with vulnerable people
- Knowledge of qualitative research methods for social sciences
- Knowledge of NTDs, disability and health systems
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills
Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Demonstrated knowledge of either basic epidemiology or social science skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Qualitative and quantitative data management and analysis skills using software packages, eg. Nvivo, XL, STATA, R
- Fluent English language including writing skills
- Verbal fluency in Hausa
- Fluency in local languages Hausa, Yoruba, Fulfulde and/or Idoma, Igede or Tiv advantageous
- Communicating & Influencing
- Team Working
- Planning & Organising
- Change & Improvement
- Delivery and Implementation
- Research team
- Nigeria Country office
- In-country and international academic and research institutions;
- In-country implementation partners: Federal Ministry of Health; State Ministries of Health
- Other NGDOs
- Local Terms and Conditions apply.
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2019.
The post Sightsavers Nigeria Job Vacancy : Research Coordinator appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.