Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Administrator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Specialization: AMI Administration
- Assure the continuity of valid data from the AMI end-point into the AMI Head end systems and communication to subsequent AMI systems.
- Provide strategic management and assure the performance and reliability of the AMI Headend systems, LongiPower and Hexing AMI and various other collection systems.
- Develop strategic process improvements for the AMI Operations team through efficiencies or technology implementations.
- Use, maintain, and refine the AMI performance management systems (AMI Dashboard and AMI Reading and Tracking System)
- Very detailed knowledge of the AMI data flow process.
- Assure continuous availability of high-quality data from the AMI systems
- Ability to detect anomalies and exceptions to the quality standards for the data.
- Support and enforce the AMI business process: meter troubleshooting, Headend sync-file troubleshooting, reading files troubleshooting, FTP support for AMI data files, meter billing cycle changes, etc
- Removes and installs of meters, monitor AMI network performance (LAN/WAN), monitor integration of the Headend systems with subsequent AMI systems, schedules for daily reads.
- Assure the performance and reliability of the AMI Headend systems.
- Provide strategic management of the AMI Headend and other systems.
- Manage access to the AMI Headend and other applications.
- Manage application lifecycle issues, application monitoring, installations, upgrades and change management processes with support and guidance from Information Technology and various AMI network vendors.
- Assure the initiation of meter read and other data into the AMI Systems
- Manage relationship with the various AMI Management Systems vendors.
- Liaison across the Business Hubs Meter Standard Field Officers.
- Develop strategic process improvements for the AMI Operations team.
- Drive out operational efficiencies to manage 300,000 end devices.
- Develop operational processes to support over the air functionality for security, firmware and programming.
- Develop requirements for new systems to improve efficiencies and lower manual labor for exception management.
- Provide second-level support to the AMI Meter Standard Field Officers.
- Understanding of communication systems (specifically APN).
- Ability to work and communicate effectively to various peer and management groups across Customer Services, Information Technology, and Metering Services.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to work with and across the Customer Services, Marketing, Metering Services, Technology Organization and Power Delivery management teams.
- Knowledge of change management processes, communications technologies and systems (particularly RF systems), and the systems necessary to monitor over 300,000 meters.
- Ability to manage complex technology and business issues with experience in computer system maintenance and support/operations.
- At least five or more years of experience in data mining (Oracle, SQL and CentOS), scripting in multiple operating systems (Unix and Windows).
- Experience with business process design desirable.
- Occasional irregular hours when required.
- Good interpersonal skills ability to work with managers, peers, vendor and suppliers, installation contractors and internal resources to understand AMI system performance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and Microsoft SQL
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years work experience
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2019