Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: IT Support/Web Developer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Specialization: Web Development
- Plan and the deliver web applications across multiple platforms, Create and maintain websites using standard HTML/CSS coding practice, Provide technical assistance to end users.
- Code new and existing projects using LAMP Stack/PHP code.
- Customize platforms including Magento and/or WordPress.
- Follow agile methodologies and practices around requirement analysis, design,and development.
- Sending form data to RESTful APl’s.
- Architect, create, and program relational database like MS SQL, MySQL, and Oracle.
- Manage Win/Linux servers.
- Code using web technologies including PHP, Ajax, and MS .NET.
- Work with and building responsive UI Design with industry standard frameworks.
- Work in a team environment creating and supporting applications
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- Integration with third party services e.g payment gateways
- Design of the overall architecture of web applications
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implementation of security and data protection
Qualifications and Requirements
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware
- Experience with Microsoft based Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Extensive application and infrastructure support experience
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities/ Systems analysis
- Ability to troubleshoot/ research into a wide range of technology issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with API Creation and RESTful services
- Proficient knowledge of backend programming using PHP/Python and MVC frameworks such as Laravel and Codeigniter.
- E-Commerce experience
- Teamwork and Verbal Communication.
- Cross-browser compatibility, Web User Interface Design (UI), Security Principles, Object-Oriented Design, Web Services (REST/SOAP), Multimedia Content Development, API’s
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years work experience
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2019