Mindas Nigeria Limited is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Health & Environment Safety Officer
- We are looking for a reliable Safety Manager to ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws.
- You will also be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace.
- As a safety manager you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards.
- You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs.
- The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential.
- The goal is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health and safety.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
- Proven experience as safety manager
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- B.Sc/BA in Safety Management or relevant field is preferred
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety.
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2019.