Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SSHE Specialist I
Category: Environmental, Health & Safety
- Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) Specialists not only support one or more safety, security, health, or environmental subject areas for a particular site or functional group within an affiliate but also provide a level of subject matter expertise in one or more areas.
- The SSHE Specialist influences the field organization without formal authority by demonstrating strong operations and/or maintenance skills, and interacting effectively with operations/manufacturing/pipeline/other field organizations.
- The SSHE Specialist also demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills while working with diverse groups.
- This job role will cover some but not all of the responsibilities listed below.
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Generates/reviews minor permits and communicates with agencies on issues not being handled by Business Line Headquarters staff
- Serves as local subject matter expert for compliance and / or OI related questions
- Develop/enhance site-specific compliance tools
- Provides ongoing reviews of compliance for agency and internal requirements (e.g. regulatory, Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS), PSM (Process Safety Management) )
- Serves as liaison between Operations and Business Line Headquarters staff
- Assists in preparing for OIMS or agency assessments; coordinate follow-up activities and responses
- Coordinates surveys/comments and impact estimates on proposed regulations, as needed
- Coordinates non routine sampling/inspection programs and remediation projects, as needed
- Plans site emergency response table top drills and stewards action items
- Coordinates incident investigations
- Provides quality assurance / data integrity review of local SSHE data and stewardship reports
- Conducts SSHE Training, Orientations, Safety Meeting presentations
- Behavioral Skills: analytical, communicates effectively, courage of conviction, manages risk
- Functional Skills: emergency preparedness and response, incident investigation and analysis, operations integrity and compliance assessment, OIMS execution support, risk assessment and management, safety management, safety regulations and standards, fundamentals of health, fundamentals of environmental management and regulatory compliance, environmental standards, regulation development and advocacy, SSHE management – operations and maintenance, managing critical operations activities
- Prefer college level education or equivalent
- Demonstrated work experience in safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
- Knowledge of security processes and procedures
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team
- Prefer prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment
- Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures
- No training will be provided (other than the company’s specific safety standards and procedures)
Application Closing Date
2nd March, 2019.
The post Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited Job Vacancy : SSHE Specialist I appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.