234 Naija is an arts-inclined media production and events management organization that produces top-quality documentaries, entertaining drama series and educational television shows. We are constantly seeking creativity and we give room for young Nigerians to express their talents and develop their skills.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Model
- Models pose for artists, photographers, or customers to help advertise a variety of products, including clothing, cosmetics, food, and appliances.
Models typically do the following:
- Display clothing and merchandise in print and online advertisements
- Promote products and services in television commercials
- Wear designers’ clothing for runway fashion shows
- Model accessories, such as handbags, shoes, and jewelry, and promote beauty products, including fragrances and cosmetics
- Pose for workers taking photos or creating paintings or sculptures
- Work closely with photographers, hair and clothing stylists, makeup artists, and clients to produce a desired look
- Create and maintain a portfolio of their work
- Travel to meet and interview with potential clients
- Conduct research on the product being promoted—for example, the designer or type of fabric of a particular article of clothing
- Models work in a variety of conditions, from comfortable studios and runway fashion shows to outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Many models work part time and have unpredictable work schedules
- Models must be ready on short notice to work for a show or a photo shoot, and the number of hours worked will vary depending on the job.
Education and Training:
- No formal education is required and training is limited.
- Requirements may change slightly from time to time, as the perceptions of physical beauty change
- Courteous. Models must interact with a large number of people, such as agents, photographers, and customers. It is important to be polite, professional, prompt, and respectful
- Discipline. A model’s career depends on the maintenance of his or her physical characteristics. Models must control their diet, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep to stay healthy and photogenic. Haircuts, pedicures, and manicures are necessary work-related expenses
- Listening skills. Models must be able to take direction from photographers and clients during photo shoots and commercials.
- Organizational skills. Models must be able to manage their portfolios and their work and travel schedules.
- Persistence. Competition for jobs is strong and most clients have specific needs for each job, so patience and persistence are essential.
- Photogenic. Models spend most of their time being photographed. They must be comfortable in front of a camera for photographers to capture the desired look.
- Style. Models must have a basic knowledge of hair styling, makeup, and clothing. For photographic and runway work, models must be able to move gracefully and confidently.
Applications Closing Date
11th March, 2019.