The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Location: Monguno, Borno
Line Manager: Project Medical Referent
Employee: Pharmacist Manager
Contract Duration: 3 months, renewable
- In compliance with ALIMA standard practices and protocols, ensure Good Hospital Pharmacy Distribution Practices including: storage; supply; distribution; rational use of drugs, to ensure its effectiveness and operational availability.
- Improve the medical supply in the project
- Guarantee patient safety by complying with the protocol and the Rational drug use
- Accompany the medical team in the good pharmacy practice
- Ensure the capitalization of the pharmacy activity (indicators)
- Ordering and reception of the commands
- Prepare the commands in collaboration with the PMR, according to the chronogram and the procedure defined
- Ensure the reception of the orders
- In the collaboration with the logistic, check the numbers of box matches with the numbers recorder in the Freight Manifest
- Check that the content matches with the packing list
- Report the discrepancy and establish the claim
- Send the packing list copy with the project remarks to the coordination
- Follow up the back order, with the Pharmacy coordination
Distribution in the different project end user:
- In collaboration with the medical team define the project order plan, and ensure the compliance of the plan
- In collaboration with the medical team define a clear line of communication
- Ensure that the procedures are followed during the order preparation in End Users (good document, good evaluation of needs, signature ….)
- Ensure the preparation and procurement are done in time, at the pharmacy level
- Ensure the respect of the procedure regarding the controlled drugs distribution
Storage and lay out:
- Accountable of the warehouse security
- Ensure that the cleaning plan is followed
- Ensure that the ALIMA standard in term of storage and lay out of the drugs and medical equipment is in place and respected (Family, alphabetic order, administration road, FEFO/FIFO, labels, reserves)
- Ensure the specific storage of the controlled drugs
- Ensure the specific storage of the expiry drugs
- Ensure the specific storage of the EPREP (Emergency Preparation)
- Ensure that the IN and OUT’s movements is recorded in the stock card no later than 24h after movement
- Record the IN and OUT’s movements in ISYSTOCK no later than 1 week after the movement
- Define the inventory plan in relation with the order plan, and ensure that the plan is respected
- Analyze the discrepancy and provide Inventory analysis report
- Analyze every end of month the indicators: rupture, pre rupture pre expiry drug, sleeping stock, over stock and propose the solution to avoid the gap in the quality of care
- Analyze at the end of every month the pre expiry drugs, sleeping stock and over stock (>4 month) and propose the solution to avoid the loss
- Ensure at the end of every month that the expiry drug is removed of the stock, and the register is correctly complete
- Ensure the constant maintenance of Register of psychotropic drugs and narcotics
- Elaborate the monthly consumption report of the controlled drugs
- Monitor the stock status and give alert in case of risk of pre rupture, and over consumption
- Identify the needs and problems encountered and propose the CAPA (corrective actions and preventive actions)
- Ensure the specific management of the EPREP stock (inventory/ year if no movement, systematic replacement if consumption)
- Define the schedule for updating the different kind of medical kit (house, Emergency kit etc..) and ensure the respect’s
- Ensure the Good archiving and visibility of the documents according the standard of the management tools
- Stay properly informed about national import regulations and any possible change in procedures.
- Know the national standards of destruction of perishable medical articles and advocate for compliance with international standards.
- Participate with the coordination pharma to the update of the management tools
- Elaborate the monthly report
- Ensure the Capitalization of the activity if closed
- Ensure the bi annual report of the project indicators
- Specific management of the cold chain
- Ensure the good storage according with the standard
- Display the content on the Fridge gate
- Follow up with the logistic the good maintenance of the fridge
- Ensure recording of the temperature at hottest and colder hours of the day
- Download the logtag every end of month and interpret the data’s
- Inform immediately the PMR in case of break down and do a claim
- Define in collaboration with the project team the contingency plan in case of break down and ensure his implementation
- Maintain the T between 2-8 c during the inventory
- Ensure the strict respect of the packaging procedure for the transport in passive cold chain
- Read the logtag in the keep cold during the reception and share the result with the PMR and the pharmacy coordination
Management of the End User
Provide technical support of the End User in the following:
- Good condition of storage: hygiene, access, safe, FEFO/FIFO, label,
- Good storage condition of cold chain: passive or active
- Good storage of the controlled drugs
- Update each 6 months with the medical team the standard list of each unit, according with the standard ALIMA list and the national list
- Implement, supervise the good pharmacy practice and propose the CAPA, on the following:
- Good diagnostic, good drugs, good dosage
- Safe medication practice in the clinic area: dispensing in the clinic, safe use of injectable medicines,
- Good dispensing practice: hygiene, good comprehension, good adherence, good compliance,
- Management of the controlled drugs
- Organize every 6 months the satisfaction patient inquiry
- Analyze every 4 months in collaboration with the PMR the prescription and patient’s files, to check the rational drugs use
- Supervise the patients return drugs
- Identify the need of training
- Ensure regular Communication and sharing the information in all the aspect regarding the pharmacy in the project
- Implement the weekly meeting to improve the communication and the sharing of essential information for the operations
- Identify the need of training Train the staff in charge of the management of pharmacies:
- Ensure updating the job profile if necessary
- Ensure the Evaluation of the pharmacy staff
- Participe to the medical meeting
- Meet with the other partner in the project of necessary
- Ensure the regular and good communication with the other departments
- Degree in Pharmacy Management or Nursing related studies., or medical profile.
- At least 1 year in a similar position
- English is a Must and local language would be an asset.
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel).
- Self-starter, ability to work autonomously, excellent organizational skills, flexibility, commitment, team work
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- Mobility is requested from ALIMA staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work.
- Part of any ALIMA-employee responsibilities is the attendance of trainings as per the requirements of the organisation.
- The job description can be modified according to the evolution of the work.
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2019.