Apearl Schools – A new, reputable and state of the Art school in Abuja is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Administrator
- The person supports school leadership in implementing the vision and strategic objectives of the schools.
- Works with the school director to develop polices and ensure systems and controls are in place for academic excellence and operational effectiveness within the schools.
- Work with school leadership to implement strategies, policies, plans and initiatives that support the schools’ mission. Support the implementation of academic and pastoral policies to ensure pupils receive the highest standards of education, Promote the mission and values of the school at all levels
Management of Staff:
- Supervise activities of the sectional heads/direct line reports. Ensure that the schools are running optimally and all resource needs are available.
- Work with School Management and Human Resources to identify people resource needs and support staff recruitment.
- Motivate, coach and train staff at all levels to ensure continuous professional development .Lead designated staff meetings and programs, Monitor staff welfare.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication with school leadership, keeping them informed of school operations, academic, social and extra-curricular activities
Relationship with Parents:
- Attend and participate in parent meetings Ensure parents receive regular information about the school curriculum, their children’s progress and other matters via appropriate channels, respond to enquiries, complaints from parents.
Education Qualification /Requirements
- Minimum of B.Ed. (PGDE or Master’s degree in Education will be an added advantage).
- Should be able to teach subjects in his/her field of qualification.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Ability to improve the quality of Education by implementing quality assurance.
- Knowledge of Nigerian curriculum would be an advantage.
- Over 10 years’ experience in teaching and working within a school.
- Up to 7 years’ experience in school management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of the primary school curriculum.
- Proficient in the use of a computer ( Ms Office etc )
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills and ability to coordinate a team to achieve set objectives.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Relationship Management skills
- Evidence of personal commitment to professional development.
- Excellence in service delivery, focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines on a consistent basis.
- You may be required to carry out other duties which may arise from time to time.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2019.