Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager – Nigeria IHP
Reports to: Director of Finance
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium seeks a Finance Manager for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program, an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems. It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas: family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea. It has a strong emphasis on monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- This program will work closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results. Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels. Through agreements with individual states, its potential breadth is the entire country with an emphasis on the north.
- The Finance Manager is a full-time position to support the State Finance and Administrative Director in the awarded USAID/Nigeria funded project entitled Nigeria Integrated Health Program.
- The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth processing of financial information. The role encompasses oversight of the financial operations and finance employees.
- Support senior level finance and operations staff to ensure that project deliverables are met;
- Review financial and operational content for appropriate project reports.
- Support the annual workplan process and other strategic planning processes
- Assists in overseeing overall financial system implementation including controls and standards for IHP state offices
- Reviews and maintains strong system of internal controls to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Examines financial documents such as payroll, vouchers, invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data
- Monitors disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) to ensure compliance with Palladium’s financial policies and procedures
- Works with finance team and technical leads to manage and forecast cash needs for Nigeria offices
- Regularly reviews cash management practices, develop, and provide feedback on cash risk mitigation strategies.
- University graduate and Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant masters-level degree.
- CPA, Chartered Accountancy, other relevant professional certification, or additional 8 years of relevant professional experience accepted as alternative to Master’s Degree.
- At least 8 years of work experience in broader finance and operations management with an international organization and USG contracts preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics);
- Experience directly managing finance and administration staff persons;
- Proven problem identification and resolution experience with budgeting, forecasting, banking, tax authorities, foreign currency transactions, and other related issues;
- Capacity and/or experience in designing and implementing Value for Money standards and decision-making;
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times;
- Cross-functional team player;
- Results oriented and attention to detail;
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget.
Applications Close Date
7th March, 2019.
The post Palladium Group Job Vacancy : Finance Manager – Nigeria IHP appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.