Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
We seek a highly experienced and qualified candidate to fill the below position:
Job Title: Service Improvement Officer
- The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation funded State Accountability for Quality Improvement Project (SAQIP) is strengthening public health systems and improving quality of care in northeastern Nigeria’s Gombe state.
- Specifically, the project is building the capacity of the State Primary Health Care Development Agency and its Local Government Authority structures to carry out their mandate to provide quality maternal, neonatal and child health services through the community primary health centers.
- The project is building community engagement and empowering women economically with Pact’s WORTH model so they can better provide for their own health and that of their children.
- The Service Improvement Officer will provide support, coordination and oversight to clinical mentors to transfer knowledge, skills and competence to clinical staff providing maternal and newborn care at PHCs as well as coordinate the operationalization of Possible Severe Bacterial Infection (PSBI) at community level.
- The position holder will be responsible for close monitoring of the performance and competence of the clinical mentors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for clinical mentorship scheme and supportive supervision in 57 priority facilities.
- To be responsible for providing technical assistance to clinical mentors through problem solving, on the job training, supportive supervision, data collection and management on BEmONC, PPFP and infection prevention and control.
- Guides clinical mentors who are responsible for knowledge and skill transfer to health care workers providing maternal and newborn services.
- Develop regular schedules for residential clinical mentors, and supportive supervision teams.
- To participate in a structured performance reviews of the clinical mentors, Obts consultants and mentees.
- Coordinate the operationalization of Possible Severe Bacterial Infection (PSBI) at community level.
- Participate in the training of clinical mentors and health care workers.
- Compile and harmonize monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Any other task as may be assigned.
- MBBS with 4 years’ post-graduation clinical experience or Nursing/Midwifery certificate with at least 10 years working experience on maternal and newborn care.
- Experience on maternal and newborn care, capacity building and program implementation on knowledge and skill transfer on perinatal care.
- Previous experience on clinical mentorship.
- Relevant computer software skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2019.
The post Pact West Africa (Nigeria) Job Vacancy : Service Improvement Officer appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.