Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Fixed Assets and General Ledger Specialist – Jumia
Job Type: Full Time
- As a Fixed Assets and General Ledger Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that fixed assets, prepayments, accruals and the company’s accounts receivable position are properly stated.
In particular you will:
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset Register to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets and assign tag numbers to fixed assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Represent the company during any audits by a government that involve fixed assets.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- Good Knowledge of ERP System (NAV) Changes and upgrades as required by control function.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized and accredited university.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment in a similar role.
- Professional Qualification like ICAN, ACCA, ACA is an added advantage.
- Must have intermediate-advanced proficiency in Microsoft office tools ( Ms word and Excel )
- Strong skills in working with expenses, accounting and ability to reconcile accounts.
- Understanding of accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2019.