Development Alternatives, Inc (DAI) is an international global consulting firm headquartered in the USA with offices in the UK and Nigeria. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the front-lines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate – Communications, Knowledge Management & Business Development
Location: Abuja, with possible travel to other work locations in Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Associate will work on DAI’s Communications, Knowledge management and new business efforts in Nigeria through a mix of regular and on-demand tasks.
- Under the guidance of the Supervisor, the Associate will work closely to fulfil the Platform’s annual work plan goals and respond to requests supports from DAI business units in other parts of the world.
- On average, it is anticipated that the Associate will spend half time on communications/KM, and half time on new business.
Specific Key Task includes
- Conduct on-line background/contextual research of relevance to proposal opportunities
- Prepare select proposal inputs in keeping with donor requirements to include project descriptions and company/partner profiles
- Organize knowledge management events and meeting schedules for proposal teams visiting Nigeria; attend meetings as needed
- Research individual project reports and results to document success stories, lessons learned and other Knowledge products
- Support social media plan implementation – design infographics, schedule posts, build engagement on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn & Twitter
- Input information and manage the back end of DAI Nigeria’s webpage
- Other duties as specified by the Strategic Communications & Knowledge Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 or more years of work experience or Postgraduate degree with 3 or more years of experience
- Demonstrated interest and experience in International Development with expertise in: research & analysis, communications, knowledge management or M&E
- Proven capacity for critical thinking, writing, facilitation, research & analysis
- Team player with good inter-personal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Graphics and/or web design is an added advantage
Conditions for Employment
- Reports to: Manager, Strategic Communications and Knowledge Management
- DAI offers very competitive salary packages; however, local terms and conditions apply.
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2019.