Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pipeline Installation Engineer – Analysis
Vacancy ref: 61243
Reporting to: Pipeline Installation Lead Engineer Analysis – Pipeline Group
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff
Languages in which you may apply: English
Description of Role
- The pipeline installation analysis senior engineer is responsible for delivering fit for purpose rigid pipeline installation analysis to all projects and/or tenders supported by the Pipeline Group with specific focus on safe and cost effective installation operations.
- She/He can be in charge of a team of installation analysis engineers, dealing with rigid pipeline installation analyses in project, FEED or tender.
- She / He is responsible to the installation engineering analysis lead – Pipeline Group and/or Enginerring Package Lead for the efficient day-to-day management of the installation analysis team and provide regular operational reports on general project engineering activities, technical subject matters and resource management.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Perform in autonomy installation analysis of rigid pipeline in S-lay, J-lay and/or Reel-lay,
- Manage an installation analysis team to ensure succesful delivery of analysis activities on all projects supported by the pipeline group,
- Accountable for planning of her/his analysis scope and the one of her/his team,
- Give direct engineering guidance to PG analysis engineers on specific subject matters
- Responsible for ensuring that standard of engineering services provided complies with relevant company engineering standards with a clear focus on commerciality of engineering solutions
- Ensure installation analysis solution is fit for purpose while meeting client specifications
- Promote safety culture and initiatives to the installation engineering team throughout the onshore and offshore delivery phases
- Participates actively to engineers training and development,
- Participates actively to the Pipeline Group department know-how consolidation,
- Proposes innovative solutions allowing cost & risks reduction.
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Support standards and procedures for the Engineering and Operations Functions.
- Familiar With Orcaflex – Mandatory
- Familiar with Python and VBA – not mandatory but it will a big plus
- Familiar with Abaqus – not mandatory
- 5 – 10 years work experience in related EPCI industry
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2019.
The post Pipeline Installation Engineer – Analysis at Subsea 7 appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.