British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Manager – Commercial Marketing Finance Revenue
Job Number: 16279
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking for a new amazing colleague to join us within the Marketing Finance deprtment, specifically the Revenue team in our Lagos office.
- The purpose for this role is to provide timely and proactive financial evaluation, information and advice that enables the marketing department to develop even further and execute effective plans and take informed decisions.
- The role also provides the corporate finance with necessary information to meet their internal and external reporting requirements.
- To help build strong financial and commercial awareness within the whole marketing function including an effective internal control environment.
- To provide input to the strategic decision process in respect of pricing, trade margins and Excise.
- To provide marketing management with financial information and Key Performance Indicators on Brand and Trade Marketing plans and activities, to facilitate effective decision making and improve efficiency and effectiveness of spend.
- To participate in the Marketing decision making process bringing financial / business focus to marketing activities as well as a Marketing function focus to Financial issues.
- To increase the level of financial/commercial awareness within the marketing function and to raise the level of objectivity behind marketing decisions.
- To co-ordinate the preparation of the marketing budget/plan, and to provide accurate and timely information to help marketing management monitor ongoing performance.
- To assist marketing management with the development and implementation of practical procedures that ensure a high level of internal control exists both within the department and the organization at large.
- To assist in the establishment of an appropriate policy on trading terms, to help implement an effective credit control procedure and undertake, where necessary, reviews of credit worthiness of existing and potential customers. In addition, monitor the dispatch and invoicing process.
- To undertake analysis of competitors brands, trade marketing activities and overall profitability.
- To provide brand managers with accurate and timely practical information to enable them to manage their brands more effectively, such as:
- Product/Brand Profitability.
- Cost implications of product changes.
- Break even analysis for new brand launches.
- To assist brand management to undertake brand evaluation exercises to identify changes in brand values resulting in alternative investment scenarios.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of brand expenditure using practical financial analysis tools developed either locally or developed by the Centre.
- To review post implementation all the launches and other key initiatives.
- The role reports to the Commercial Finance Manager, West Africa.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the commercial team (Brand, Trade, Demand Planning).
- Developing and maintaining relationships with peers within operations, sales, commercial finance, corporate finance, planning and reporting and other key internal and external stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any other business-related field.
- Qualified accountant (ICAN, ACCA, CIMA) will be an added advantage.
- 7-10 years’ work experience in commercial finance, preferably in a multinational FMCG.
- A highly commercial approach.
- The complexity and subjectivity of marketing requires an individual with proven and strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Able to see the bigger picture and connect the interdependencies between commercial decisions, and other aspects of the company.
- Capable of analyzing financial impact of marketing strategies but also able to demonstrate the need for, and ensure implementation of, appropriate systems and controls
- Strong IT skills (Ms. Excel, Word and PowerPoint, SAP).
Application Closing Date