IL Bagno is the regional distributor for the world’s leading manufacturers of sanitary ware and bathroom fittings and accessories. We excel in the provision of total interior solutions, creating unique and innovative bathroom themes for both the domestic and commercial markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Reports to: The Head, Internal Control
As an Internal Control Officer, you will be required to do the following;
- Review books of account and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Review of local bank reconciliation statements
- Review of quotes before sending to clients-with specific reference to prices applied, discounts, VAT and installation charges
- Conduct periodic evaluation of the effectiveness of the internal control system, implement any changes necessary to ensure the integrity of the system in view to improve them and propose value-added recommendations.
- Review data about assets and its utilization, net worth and income
- Conduct pre-audit test of all expenditures
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with regulations, and management policies.
- Regular spot checks and review of operational procedures across the business
- Maintain respectful and effective communications and relationships with management and staff of areas under review.
The Job requires you to have:
- Have a degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3-4 years’ cognate experience.
- Very good working knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Basic understanding of financial services industry
- Good interpersonal skills
- Planning and Organising
- Data/Information Management
- Financial Acumen
- Financial Systems Savvy
- Attention to details.
Application Closing Date