IHS, the largest independent tower company in the EMEA Region, are currently recruiting for a Network Operations Centre (NOC) IT Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering excellent customer experience and satisfaction outcomes to users across our NOCs by ensuring overall effectiveness of your team and optimal utilization of tools/ technology in line with established polices, processes, and procedures.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Manager, Risk & Control
Seniority level: Mid-Senior level
Employment type: Full-time
Job function: Engineering/Information Technology
We are currently recruiting for a Process Manager, Risk & Control. This role operates out of the Technical Department and interfaces with all Technical teams, key internal functions such as Risk Management, Compliance, and Internal Audit, and vendors. In this role, you will be required to:
- Support the office of the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) to provide consultancy and oversight of risk, compliance, and audit for the Technical organization.
- Drive risk management, compliance, and audit for Technical, having responsibility for a variety of tasks and activities, with the opportunity to challenge performance of existing controls, recommend improvements, and collaborate with Group functions to enhance the Technical function’s ability to continuously focus on service delivery.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Act as the focal point within the Technical Department for actualizing the Group’s enterprise risk management framework.
- Develop, maintain and update the risk register for the Technical Department.
- Contribute to risk reporting for the Technical Department and/ or its sub-functions.
- Identify risks, receive notifications on risks, and propose control measures/ mitigation actions to risks identified across the Technical Department.
- Liaise with Enterprise Risk Management team on issues related to Technical risks.
- Apply Enterprise Risk Management parameters to assess identified risks and propose control measures for the Technical Department.
- Conduct Business Impact Analysis for Technical and develop and update the Technical Business Continuity Plan and Risk Registers accordingly.
- Promote risk awareness and a positive risk culture across Technical Department.
- Develop and drive risk management awareness with vendors through formal sessions, training, and/ or interventions.
- ssess identified risks and propose control measures for the Technical Department apply at OpCo-level.
- Communicate risks and controls to stakeholders and drive implementation of mitigating actions after obtaining all required approvals.
- Monitor risks and implementation of mitigating actions according to plan – daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly.
- Prepare/ update periodic reports on risk activities and update plans.
- Train management and risk champions on best practice risk management (including training of, and knowledge transfer to, vendors).
Operations Monitoring Framework & Reporting:
- Continuously update and improve the operations monitoring framework. Update Operations Monitoring RoadMap with risks and controls (where applicable) and provide regular reporting to the Group risk function on operational risks and incidents.
- Conduct audits and reviews on controls and projects identified to provide objective inputs to the operations monitoring report (providing visibility on the efficacy of the controls).
- Develop key metrics for identified risks and measure and monitor trends based on remedial actions implemented.
Audit, Health Safety & Environment (HSE), and Compliance:
- Drive the resolution of audit exceptions for Technical and its sub-functions with a view to ensuring that such recommendations are implemented by respective unit heads within timeframes agreed with the OpCo Audit team.
- Work with the Process Manager to carry out process compliance reviews, identify exceptions, recommend remedial action plans, and prepare reports.
- Collaborate with other governance teams in the business – Compliance, HSE, Internal Audit & Control – to effectively align and structure programs to be implemented in Technical.
- Drive implementation and reporting on identified internal control and internal audit items.
- Prepare and submit report on all matters related to Technical operational risk and applicable controls.
- Consult with relevant stakeholders to conduct awareness and training programs on risk, compliance, and HSE.
- Proactively identify the impact of potential organizational and process changes on the Technical function, integrate new initiatives with existing processes, and ensure that all processes are consistent and fit together.
- Determine what process improvements are required to drive the achievement of the Technical department’s strategic and business objectives. This includes technical and operational services and project delivery processes but also those outside the function which may impact any aspect of service and project delivery lifecycle of the Technical department.
- Contribute to procedure and processes reviews that evaluate current practice, identify improvement opportunities, and deliver solutions effectively.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Statistics, and/ or related fields preferred.
- Risk Management certification/ training, e.g. ISO risk certifications.
- Certification/ training in project management, process management, and/ or change management is an added advantage.
- +8 years’ demonstrated work experience in an assurance-focused role, with a good understanding of telecoms structures, functions, and processes.
- 5 years’ relevant work experience in a risk management, compliance, and/ or audit role. Work experience in this role in major consulting firms is an added advantage. Experience to include: risk management frameworks and controls, compliance tracking and monitoring, external and internal audit, business and/ or systems control, business continuity, change management, and project management.
- At least 3 years’ experience facilitating sessions and/ or group training on risk management, business process, and best practice.
- At least 2 years’ project management work experience.
- Business process development & management experience within telecoms is an added advantage.
- Risk Management Frameworks
- Compliance Management Frameworks
- Risk-based Auditing
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Training & Facilitation Skills
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Business Process Management
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2019.