BASF – We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Manager
Job ID: 42197
What you can expect:
Responsible for the growth and profitability of BASF Construction Chemicals West Africa by providing high quality technical advice to customers, prospective customers, sales staff and manufacturing staff . effectively and efficiently manage the activities of the Technical Department (Quality Control, product development AS & CS, technical services & technical training) and maintaining the structure and environments. Core responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop new products and support the development of new products
- Supervise and coordinate all technical laboratory work, field evaluations and production trials associated with such approved development projects and new products
- Supervise the setting of specifications for new products, including sources & data for raw materials, manufacturing procedures & finished product testing, packaging requirements & Safety & Environment
- Ensure functions of Quality Assurance & Quality Control are operated according to company policy & procedures and appropriate national standards so as to ensure only quality product is released for sale
- Ensure that product test certificates are developed/created and maintained to provide verification of material properties claimed on Technical Data Sheets
- Provide all technical data, including statutory documents such as Material Safety Data Sheets to Marketing Department for effective new product release. Review existing product data sheets and labels as required for accuracy and technical content
- Assist Sales, Marketing and customers with technical enquiries. Supervise the investigation of customer complaints on product performance. Ensure customer complaints are investigated in a prompt and efficient manner
- Preparation of annual CAPEX budgets
- Determine personnel needs and recommend need for increases or decreases in staff numbers. Conduct in conjunction with HR the search and recruitment as required of additional and replacement staff
What We Expect
- Degree in Materials Science/Engineering or chemistry
- 5 years of experience in a MNC environment, of which 3 years are in product development/engineering
- Knowledge of construction chemicals/materials testing, product development as well as construction and building practices
- Technical facilities management and general management
- Ability to research and keep up to date with latest computerized communication techniques
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2019.