Uniterm Nigeria Limited was incorporated in 2004. It has grown rapidly with professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy. Uniterm is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians. The workforce is made up of professionals drawn across the world. Uniterm is under the management of highly technical personnel with combined experience level of 150 years. Uniterm is a member of International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) and the management staff are members of various professional bodies around the world. Uniterm has offices in Port Harcourt and Lagos Nigeria, Houston in USA and Calgary in Canada. Uniterm has key Technical Partners in order to continue to use state-of-the-art technology to deliver services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Barge Master
Location: Rivers (Offshore)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise the operation of the marine department to ensure the safe and efficient running of the rig.
- Coordinate all helicopter and supply boats traffic.
- Ensure all safety equipment including lifeboats and fire-fighting equipment are maintained in a state of operational readiness at all times.
- Prepare and supervise rig move plans, anchor patterns, and associated mobilization preparations.
- Ensure that all Flag State, Classification Society, statutory regulation, and minimum manning requirements are complied with, Coordinate emergency drills.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum 7 years experience in a similar position on Jack up drilling Rigs.
- Minimum qualification: Engineering Degree or HND.
- Knowledge of offshore stability and Ballast control.
- Candidate must have the relevant mandatories (STCW, BOSIET, HUET, GMDSS, etc)
- Valid Offshore Safety Permit (OPS)
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2019.