Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) – Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CCCM Camp Monitor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Position to Start: 1st April, 2019
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Field: Social science and any other related courses
- In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for qualified staff to support our mission based in Maiduguri.
- Any other tasks needed to support CCCM team members, to inform CCCM activities and to ensure the success of the ACTED CCCM objectives.
- Reporting to supervision made by the database assistant, by participate in monitoring/ assessment/ tracking/ reporting tools design but also to the global IM and sharing processes implemented by ACTED.
- Responsible for conducting interview and collect data from respondents at the household, individual and community level using Kobo on smartphones.
- Responsible for ensuring that respondents are accurately targeted in accordance with direction given by supervisors, and that data meets minimum quality standards.
- Responsible for identifying and organizing respondents for focus group discussion, facilitating or co-facilitating the discussion and recording results.
- The Monitor will be responsible of feeding camp site mapping and to provide updated information on services, facilities, population through GPS location.
- Responsible for registration at the Reception Centre, liaise and meet with Assessment Agencies and partners for data sharing purpose/harmonization of processes…
- Assist CCCM team by participating in the design of data collection tools.
- Collecting data and information using Kobo tool, hand writing questionnaires, and other tools.
- Facilitate FGD and Key Informant Interviews.
- Collection of locational data using GPS device
- Participate in data cleaning.
- Experience: 1 year
- Proven professional experience working in NGO at a relevant position: e.g. enumerator, monitor, field and community worker
- Experience working for NGOs and / or in camp setting is a must.
- Experience using Kobo, or other mobile data collection technology
- Experience working in Northeast Nigeria a must.
- Experience in facilitating FGDs or KIIs, or the ability to learn rapidly
- Experience collecting information using hand-held GPS devices
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa or Kanuri a must; additional fluency in other local languages preferred
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions.
Application Closing Date
18th March, 2019.