The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head – Secondary Markets
Division: Trading Business Division
Department: Secondary Market Department
Report to: Divisional Head-Trading Business
Grade: Principal Manager – Deputy General Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: Wednesday, May 1, 2019
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world. Exchange is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual who has a deep understanding of the competitive landscape in the relevant financial/capital markets as Head, Secondary Markets (HSM).
- This position is part of the Trading Business Division and is responsible for the management of Secondary Market business of the Exchange.
- The role includes oversight responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Secondary Markets department and supervise the reviews and restructuring of the existing products and creation and delivery of new products.
- The HSM will also oversee all functions pertaining to the Fixed Income product line with the overall goal of ensuring that bonds are appropriately priced, positioned, promoted, and supported in a way that will increase both listings and order flow. The position is situated Nigeria, but with a global focus to cover both local and international buy and sell side participants.
- Responsibility for the departmental revenue line and ensure the success of all products traded on The Exchange
- Oversight function for day-to-day management of the department
- Develop and maintain relationships with market participants and relevant external/internal stakeholders
- Responsible and accountable for all product management responsibility assigned to the team, including the provision of appropriate support and information to the Executive Management
- Oversee all product management activities, including but not limited to product initiation, planning, assessment, benchmarking and launch
- Manage the Secondary Markets team maintaining high morale, motivation within the team and ensuring that the individual team members deliver all objectives within the agreed deadlines to the required standard
- Continually improve processes, ensuring that the team are fully supported and given the appropriate training and development
- Ensure that all documentation, procedures and processes are in place, and are reviewed and updated regularly
- Responsible and accountable for all stakeholders/ market participants related issues including the provision of timely and efficient service
- Coordinate between various business units within the Exchange in relation to the Secondary Markets functions
- Coordinate for the team new business development and stakeholder’s engagement initiatives
- Ensure that all market developments are actively monitored and analysed
- Support the Exchange projects, providing key input into the project process, ensuring that there are no, or minimal, risks involved in the projects
- Supervise the reviews, restructuring/enhancement of the existing products and creation and delivery of new products
- Serve as gatekeeper, ambassador and product line expert to internal/external parties
- Analyse new product ideas in conjunction with institutional/wholesale distribution and marketing firms to determine success potentials and uniqueness within the industry
- Understand product profitability goals and provide inputs to appropriate financial areas
- Close coordination with Divisional Heads and Heads of Departments at the Exchange
- Close coordination with products leads
- Close coordination with order flow providers, both local and International
Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree in quantitative or business related areas
- A post graduate degree (MSc or MBA) or professional certification and licenses e g CIS, CFA, will be an added advantage
- Minimum 12 years of experience in financial services industry or in an investment product management/marketing role, distribution-related role.
Desired Competency and Skill Requirements:
- Previous relevant experience in Financial Market and Investment Strategies
- In-depth technical understanding of product features, market structure and regulations guiding products traded on the Exchange
- Relevant experience in trading, sales and business development
- Knowledge of order flow drivers and the eco system around the entire order life cycle
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to confidently present, communicate and influence at all levels internally and with clients
- Strong leadership qualities as well as ability to be a team player
- Strategic planning and analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to function in a high pressure environment
- Thoroughness, attention to detail with a high sense of purpose
- Ability to see the “big picture” from a marketing, positioning and industry perspective
- Engenders trust and is a reliable resource to internal customers
- Pro-active and demonstrates initiative
- Analyses issues to identify the most appropriate solutions
- Utilizes all available resources and toolsets to investigate and resolve problems
- Relationship Management
- Product Planning and Management
- Documents/Records Management
- Financial Modelling
- Product Development
- Business Development
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Inter-Personal Relations
- Strategic Thinking
- Time Management
- Decision Making
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2019.
The post Head – Secondary Markets at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.