MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Accountant
- Provide adequate intelligence reports to assist management in decision making for the Fixed Network Business
- To initiate, develop and implement cost saving techniques on behalf of NWG Managements for Fixed Network
- Monitor and ensure adequate control over financial administration, expenditure and asset management for the Fixed Network transactions
- Prepare NWG project and budget forecasts, ensuring timely commitment and capitalization of NWG projects.
- Reconcile all Network Group (NWG) Capex transactions with Fixed Asset and Capital Program Group Project Support Office.
- Monitor NWG transactions and liabilities, ensuring adequate and accurate record through accruals/provisions on a monthly basis.
- Carry out periodic review of all OPEX related processes, ensuring conformity with MTN Quality Assurance.
- Update NWG contract database, ensuring availability of records for audit purposes.
- Organize quarterly suppliers’ forum to update and gather feedbacks from suppliers.
- Oversee prompt resolution of all customer queries.
- Prepare impairment update, asset utilization report and provide financial report on OPEX on a monthly basis to aid stakeholders decisions
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First degree in Accounting or in a related area of study.
- ICAN or International Equivalent (CIMA; ACCA).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Financial modeling and planning
- Data mining & professional report writing
- Telecommunications experience will be added advantage
- Financial Analysis and modeling
- Introduction to Telecommunications
- Time management course
- B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2019.