One Precious Life (OPL) Academy – Our client, an Interior Solution Provider based in Lagos State, Nigeria, is recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Control
Reports to the: Executive Director.
- Ideal candidate will be responsible for independent examinations of the financial, operational and process systems of the organization’s business units, while establishing and maintaining a system of controls that would safeguard the organization’s assets as well as prevent and detect errors and fraud.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Head, Internal Control, will be required to do the following:
- Manage the review and monitoring of processes, policies and procedures and implement recommendations
- Manage stock reconciliation and fixed assets verification
- Manage the process of risk identification, assessments and reviews
- Manage the transaction reviews of payments, transfers, returns, deliveries and receipts and track budget performance
- Facilitate and drive the remediation of internal control weaknesses with multiple stakeholders (support line managers, business units and other process owners) with a strong focus on a timely but also sustainable remediation.
- Ensure clear ownership in all control processes through strong communication and alignment skills.
- Prepare and document well defined deficiency descriptions with proper materiality calculation and root causes, in order to allow for data and trend analysis within the business.
- Ensure that all business and support functions cover their most significant risks through well-defined and robust internal controls.
- Consult internal customers on ways to improve the quality and efficiency of their internal controls (e.g. through automation and improved methods of documentation), while maintaining the same or even increasing the overall level of assurance.
- Review books of account and accounting systems for efficiency and effectiveness and use accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Manage periodic evaluation of the effectiveness of the internal control system and implement any changes necessary to ensure the integrity of the system in view to improve them and propose value-added recommendations.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with regulations, and management policies.
- Doing everything else as directed by your line manager
- Degree or M.Sc in Accounting/Finance and must be a Chartered Accountant
- Minimum 8 years cognate experience.
- Very good working knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of Policy Formulation & Implementation
- Cost Management Skills
- Knowledge of Financial Systems
- Budgeting & Budgetary Control Skills
- Tax Management Experience
- Financial Modeling Skills
- Financial Reporting Skills
- Trade Finance & Documentary Collection
Application Closing Date
The post Head, Internal Control at One Precious Life (OPL) Academy appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.