KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory Services. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Deal Advisory Professional
- The successful candidates will be required to lead Deal Advisory projects by managing engagement deliverables, timelines and budgets
- Key responsibilities include deal origination, conducting independent business reviews and working on complex restructuring engagements in all industry sectors
- Additionally, the individual will be expected to assist with business development by developing industry research, thought leaderships, proposals, presentations, reports and effective business networking.
Specific Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Identification of key issues and carrying out the relevant financial analysis
- Undertaking large engagements, reporting to Partner, with their limited supervision
- Preparation of good TS reports, including review of sections compiled by other team members on the job
- Management of and contribution to the development of junior staff, including timely and objective feedback on every job
- Establishing credibility with clients/targets as a representative of KPMG Deal Advisory team
- Maintaining business contacts at middle/senior levels (i.e. the manager is expected to make a positive commitment to maintaining contact with people they meet on transactions, who may become important providers of work in the future)
- Active participation in compiling industry research, thought leadership and proposal materials for business development activities
- Contribution to the effective working of the team and development of team morale
- Ensuring that risk documentation is completed for all jobs on a timely basis as per the applicable T&R technical/risk management policies
- Contribution to practice development initiative, if possible – sales, people, solution development, etc.
- Strategic planning for public and private sector organizations
- Feasibility study preparation
- Financial modeling and analysis
- Track record of building strong relationships that result in business growth
- Track record of articulating industry research and thought leadership materials that result in business growth
- Experience in developing tailored presentations to market specific services
- Experience in developing and presenting proposals that align with client requirements
- Managing multiple concurrent engagements with clearly defined expectations and work plans
- Providing guidance to team members to ensure successful completion of the engagements
- Tracking financial aspects of the engagements e.g. budgeted and actual costs, reasons for cost variance, etc.
- Ensuring closure of engagements with client confirmations as appropriate.
- Ensuring timely and transparent communication with clients
- Developing a clear plan to keep clients updated on the progress and key issues on engagements
- Addressing potential issues proactively to maintain strong client relationships
- Guiding development of analytical framework as required for the engagements
- Ensuring comprehensive analysis of core and peripheral issues relevant to the engagements
- Validating data sources to ensure credibility of analysis and final deliverables
- Following a logical approach to reach robust recommendations
- Producing clear and concise reports that follow a logical structure
- Developing client presentations that are tailored to the audience and capture the salient points of the topic presented
- Developing financial models as required, to prepare financial projections (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, etc.)
- Reviewing financial models developed by other team members and providing feedback
- Articulating key relevant financial metrics (e.g. IRR, NPV) that are based on assumptions specific to the engagement
- Presenting financial analysis in a reader-friendly manner to highlight most important take-aways for the client
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A First Degree with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) in any discipline from a reputable institution
- An M.Sc. (Corporate Finance, Economics, Management), MBA or any of their equivalents from a leading business school
- Possession of a Certified Financial Analyst or a Professional Accountant qualification
- For Experienced Managers, a minimum of eight (8) years’ post-NYSC experience in a similar position in a leading professional services Firm (preferably a Big Four member). Deal Advisory or Transaction services experience will be an advantage
- For Senior Managers, a minimum of ten (10) years’ post-NYSC experience in a similar position in a leading professional services Firm (preferably a Big Four member). Deal Advisory or Transaction services experience will be an advantage
- High ethical standards and proven integrity
- Excellent persuasive and negotiation skills
- Strong numerate skills and good business acumen
- Good research and documentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver on multiple tasks within tight timelines in a client-driven environment
- Strong people management and project management skills
- A very strong sense of ownership with every assigned task
- Ability to work independently (without supervision)
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of IFRS will be an advantage
- Sound judgement, discretional ability and good decision-making skills
- Well-dressed, presentable and professional outlook
- Deep industry knowledge and good understanding of underlying operational issues
- Team-oriented individual with good interpersonal and relationship skills
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria or abroad for a period of time.
Application Closing Date
The post Experienced Deal Advisory Professionals at KPMG Nigeria appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.