Kloverharris Limited – Our client, a reputable Nigeria firm with wide experience and expertise in the Oil and Gas industry is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
Location: Lagos and outside Lagos
- We seek to recruit a Truck Fleet Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the activities of their drivers to minimize costs and delivers exceptional services to their customers.
- The successful candidate will manage the covers fleet of vehicles and also the driver to ensure all transportation activities are executed effectively.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for handling fleet management activities like procurement, repairs, maintenance, servicing, etc. according to priority.
- Ensures that all these functions are carried out within the established procedures.
- Ensure that all drivers understand and procure the necessary licenses and permits they need to legally transport products.
- Manage schedules drivers to ensure timely response to job orders.
- Responsible for up – to – date vehicle registration, insurance and all road compliance documentation for all existing and new vehicles in cover.
- Analyses maintenance costs and provides recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement.
- Tracks fleet usage and maintain accurate inventories of cars and trucks.
- Ensures the maintenance records for all fleet are accurate and up-to-date.
- Manages day-to-day fleet operations assesses risks and safety issues to ensure safe and efficient repairs.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), with recommendations for action and continuous improvement.
- Communicates maintenance requirements to ensure maximum efficiency and implement corrective actions as required.
- Prepares regular management reports, ad-hoc reports as well as required Human Resources
- Conducts performance appraisals and liaises with Human Resources to develop appropriate training and development plans for employees under incumbent’s responsibility.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other related field.
- Masters or Fleet Management certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience that includes truck fleet management, mechanical maintenance, preventive maintenance, budget administration, contract management, and tendering procedures, with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a truck fleet senior level role.
- Valid commercial driver’s license. Must meet all internal and local regulatory requirements.
- Proven analytical, leadership and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including business writing, report preparation.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2019.