Sellafield Energy – Our client is a Pan-African conglomerate of companies diversified in activities but focused on capturing the entire value chain in oil trading, shipping, storage, distribution and retailing of petroleum products.
They are currently recruiting for qualified candidate within their Technical Operations Department to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer (Expatriates)
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for developing, coordinating Engineering and Maintenance activities to support corporate goals.
- He is expected to provide Professional advice on all aspect relating to Engineering and maintenance.
- He is also to provide an efficient solution to the development of processes and products ranging from small component designs to extremely large plant machinery.
- Project design and optimization
- Project design review and contract evaluation.
- Project coordination and construction management
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
Terminal Maintenance Management:
- Review and approve monthly and yearly maintenance plan for implementation
- Co-ordinate engineering and maintenance activities to ensure compliance with the company processes and policy
- Review weekly report and monthly departmental report in order to close all identified gaps
- Prepare technical report in line with the company policy
- Liaise and works with HSE to improve all safety standards of the depot/tank farm to achieve total safe operation.
- Send request to purchase tools or change old machinery.
- Organize and coordinate equipment overhaul within the terminal
- Maintaining stock of onsite required replacement parts
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design and software
- Coordinate and optimize workshop operations
- Ability to operate and supervise repairs conducted on company vehicles, cranes, boats, and browsers.
- Prepare and review operation procedures.
- Enforcing compliance with safe use of terminal equipment.
- Preparation of yearly maintenance budget.
- Stock/consumable management optimization using the full potential of maintenance 5000 software
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system
- Staff appraisal and evaluation.
- Departmental administration and management
- Training design and selection.
- General terminal management and inspection.
- Other assignments as instructed by management.
- B.Sc in Electrical/Mechanical Technology and/or equivalent hands-on job experience
- Professional registration with engineering regulatory body E.g. NSE, COREN, NIMECH etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Engineering Management Expertise & Practice
- Strategic Planning & Management
- Leadership & Administration
- Change Management
- Relationship Management
- Critical Thinking
- Ability to effectively read and interpret electrical schematics, technical procedures as well as installation, operations and maintenance manuals
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Good knowledge and proficient in the use of MS Office, AutoCAD, MS Project, PDMS and SAP
- At least five years’ experience in a related field
- Experienced in the development of policies and procedure in Engineering
- Experience in gas design and construction ranging from training and project participation
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2019.