BAO Systems is changing how governments, NGOs and international agencies collect, analyze and report their data. Our platform as a service offering of DHIS 2 is modernizing how open source health information management systems are configured and deployed. BAO Systems is the largest US-based DHIS 2 consulting and hosting firm in North America. Since our founding in 2012, we have worked at a global scale to solve tough challenges faced by organizations across a variety of sectors, including health, education, sanitation, refugee assistance, and nutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Product Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- BAO Systems is looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to join our growing product development team in Abuja.
- As Product Manager you will help lead the strategic and technical direction for various products and solutions to improve workflows, data analytics/interpretation and management of resources.
- Work closely with engineering to define project scope, provide detailed requirements and convert those requirements to actionable user stories.
- Assist the engineering team in validating the technical solution with internal and external stakeholders.
- Safeguard project stability by clearly managing expectations with stakeholders (external clients, internal project managers, etc)
- Shepherd products through various phases, from conception through follow-on maintenance and feature build out.
- Help shape and develop a compelling vision and roadmap for products that you manage
- Define and drive measurable metrics
- Be part of a cross-functional teams – support, services and UX design to gather input, understand customer needs and bring new products to market.
- Fairly technical and a good understanding of modern web application technologies, standards and conventions (AWS, client-side programming, back-end)
- Passionate, yet have a strong analytic ability with desire to make data driven decisions
- Highly organized and fluent with product management and software tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Extremely comfortable managing and prioritizing sprints and prepared to handle unforeseen challenges that may arise.
- Thorough at creating documentation for all phases of a project, from gathering business requirements to translating those into technical requirements.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- BS degree in a technology-related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years working with Jira; from project setup to daily management
- Experience developing products in a SaaS environment
- Technical chops, but also excellent soft skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of web standards and frameworks (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Experience working with International NGO’s and/or in the public health sector
- Familiarity working with and releasing open source software
- Understanding of DHIS 2 or other open source Health Information System projects
- Love of charts and data visualization, both custom solutions and off the shelf software such as Tableau and PowerBi
- Experience with internationalization as it relates to content and UI
Application Closing Date