Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fund Manager Expert – West Africa
- We have been implementing projects, carrying out research and influencing policy and practice for over 75 years. We are present in over 70 countries. Plan is currently carrying out research and programmes with communities, CSOs, research and implementation partners and governments to contribute to the eradication of modern day slavery and human trafficking in West Africa and in key hot spots globally.
- We are calling for Fund Manager Experts for our database for a consultancy contract. We will be looking to draw-down from this database early summer 2019 for deployment on a multi-year DFID programme
- Lead the design of the fund management system, policies and procedures
- Lead the coordination and disbursement of funds to CSOs in Southern Nigeria
- Manage the team of CSO technical support staff to directly engage with and build the capacity of CSOs
- Provide strategic oversight of the fund management, including but not limited to; disbursement schedules, CSO compliance, quarterly reports to the donor, escalation of any issues or concerns
- Lead in writing selection criteria of the CSOs to receive grants with a technical expert and support the selection panel
- Support in the monitoring of programme delivery against key milestones and programmatic outputs
- Work closely with the consortium members to ensure the programmatic delivery is to schedule and budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or International Development or related subject
- Master’s in international development (or a related subject) with a strong emphasis on Finance and Accounting
- 10 years’ experience as a Fund Manager Expert working on technical assistance programmes
- 5 years’ experience as a Fund Manager Expert for related projects in West Africa
- Proven expertise in fund management of CSOs
- Previous experience of managing a team of key technical staff across a consortium
- Proven track of involvement in successful DFID-funded projects
- Previous experience working in Nigeria and the West African region
- In-depth knowledge of the complexities of Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking, the drivers, actors and affected vulnerable groups
- Thorough understanding of the UK governments PPPP strategy in dealing with Modern Slavery
Desirable experiences and qualifications:
- Language skills in any of the main languages spoken in Edo State (Edo, Esan and Okpamheri)
- Previous experience working in Edo State, Nigeria
- Established contacts CSO in Edo State in Nigeria
- Established contacts with relevant, NGO’s and other related stakeholders in respect to Human trafficking and Modern Slavery in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
17th April, 2018.
The post Fund Manager Experts – West Africa at Plan International appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.