Aj’bay Associates is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Veterinary Assistant
- We are looking to recruit a compassionate Veterinary Assistant to assist in consultancy services in our project with our team by providing assistance with nursing and other duties.
- The Veterinary Assistant will educate clients on pet health, ensure the safety and comfort of patients, and oversee continuity of care.
- You will collaborate with team members to create a positive, comfortable environment for patients.
- You will provide professional, efficient service at all times.
- To ensure success you need to love animals, and have the ability to optimize their comfort during treatment and hospitalization. Preferred candidates are dexterous, knowledgeable and caring.
- Ensuring treatment areas, examination rooms, hospital areas, cages and laboratories are clean and organized.
- Sterilizing equipment.
- Ensuring clients and pets are comfortable in waiting area.
- Providing empathetic care for hospitalized patients, and keeping patients and their cages clean.
- Restraining irritable, angry patients appropriately and safely where required.
- Assisting with administering medication, drawing blood and cleaning patients’ teeth.
- Performing diagnostic imaging and laboratory tests.
- Liaising with veterinarians and veterinary technicians to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Complying with hospital standards, rules, regulations and policies.
- Maintaining medical records.
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- NAVTA-approved veterinary assistant certification.
- Affinity for animals.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Physically strong and dexterous, and ability to stand for extended periods.
- Available to work over weekends.
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2019.