Sunray Ventures – Our client, Nordic Degrees Limited is a Nigerian based integrated indigenous Oil and Gas services company which was established to engage in the holistic supply of goods and services to the Nigerian Oil & Gas sector. Underpinning the company is an extensive network of European and International oil services companies with renowned global expertise. Nordic Degrees Limited aims to reduce the liability of clients in the Oil and Gas Industry by offering a readily available pool of unique competence and technological resources which meet the international standards of quality and integrity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Director
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
We are looking for a Technical Director who will:
- Provide the company with technical advice and support.
- Oversee each project’s life cycle from conception to completion, with an emphasis on technical soundness and resource efficiency.
- Develop and revise statements of work, which should include accurate time and cost estimates.
- Analyze client’s requirements and usability metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Apply architectural and functional specifications to each project.
- Collaborate with our design team to create accurate and detailed mockups for customer approval.
- Meet with clients to refine and evaluate requirements, strategy and content needs.
- Enforce standards across all departments.
- Research and introduce new technologies for all employees and management.
- Assist in creating in-house standards.
- Identify and maximize the use of best practices in his/her work & the work of other members of the team, particularly in key areas where procurement activities can add value and/or reduce time and effort expended on non-strategic requirements to achieve continual improvement on the cost effectiveness of the procurement service and the team.
- Apply and enforce the use of Market Intelligence tools.
- Optimize performance the company by bringing his/her professional experience.
- Propose and implement KPI’s and REX practices in order to ensure continuous improvement within the function.
- Perform regular reporting of the activity.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by his/her hierarchy.
- Proven experience in a similar position within a Multinational Company (will be added advantage if an IOC in Nigeria).
- Dual experience with Producing Companies and Service Companies in the Upstream Sector.
- Experience as head of maintenance on an offshore installation.
- Target driven and results focused individual.
- Natural leader and motivator of people.
- Extensive industry experience and knowledge of the target market.
- World Class Top Tier Engineering Degree (at least Master from relevant field) + MBA from internationally recognized institution.
- 20 years of experience in an industrial environment with a minimum of 10 years at senior management level.
- Strong communication and analytical skills are necessary for a range of complex internal and external negotiations.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- Experience in transforming organizations.
- Fluency in languages other than English will be an added advantage.
- Able and willing to relocate anywhere in the world.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues;
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development;
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast growing company.
Application Closing Date