The West African Examinations Council, a sub-regional organisation responsible for the conduct of a variety of examinations in the English-speaking West African countries, invites applications, to be completed online, from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant position below in its International Office in Lagos:
Job Title: Research Officer (Assistant Registrar II) (Research)
Duties and Responsibilities
- The successful candidates will be involved in the conduct of research and participate in examination activities of the Council.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants for the position must possess:
- B.Ed./B.Sc.(Ed)/B.Sc. with at least Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University in Mathematics, Statistics or Social Science subjects;
- M.Ed. in Measurement and Evaluation or M.Ed. in Educational Administration.
- Possession of Ph.D Education or Social Science Subjects will be an added advantage
- Applicants for the position must have at least three (3) years post-graduation teaching experience.
- High integrity, confidentiality and reliability;
- Ability to analyses research data and interpret results of data analysis;
- Ability to initiate research studies, and write research proposals and reports;
- High proficiency in Information and Communications Technology skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work extra hours with little or no supervision;
- Ability to work in a team with good inter-personal skills and ability to lead change;
- Possession of influencing, analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Be able to use Personal Computers, MS Office software package and have knowledge of web-based systems;
- Be self-motivated and able to write good reports; analyse and review research reports; be able to work extra hours with little or no supervision;
- Be a team player with good inter-personal skills and be open and able to lead change;
- Possess influencing, analytical and communication skills;
- Be an organiser/planner with ability to be flexible and to be able to successfully implement ideas.
- All Applicants must possess five (5) credits in SSCE/WASSCE including English Language and Mathematics at a sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language and Mathematics. Applicants should not be more than forty (40) years of age as at the close of the Advertisement.
Salary and Conditions of Service
The salary paid by the Council is very attractive. Point of entry into the salary scales will depend on qualifications and experience. The successful applicants will enjoy very good remuneration package that is in line with the Council’s Conditions of Service and will also be assured of full career development within the organisation.
Application Closing Date
24th July, 2019.