Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are seeking suitably qualified candidates with experience working on USAID or other international donor-funded projects to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agriculture State Coordinator
- Chemonics is accepting expressions of interest from qualified Nigerian nationals for the five-year Feed the Future Agriculture Extension and Advisory Services Activity funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The estimated value of the Activity is between $14 to $17 million.
- The Activity seeks to build the capacity of private extension service providers and strengthen linkages between agricultural stakeholders for sustainable agricultural and economic development.
The Activity includes three main components:
- Capacity building of private extension service providers for the benefit of smallholder farmers
- Strengthening linkages between agricultural stakeholders and research institutions for improved coordination and collaboration.
- Leverage private sector resources to improve extension and advisory services in Nigeria.
- Supervise extension agents for the monitoring of trainings, introduce new technologies, collaborate with local government partners to conduct surveys for M&E purposes, collect and aggregate data for reports, and facilitate group development and collaboration with partner institutions.
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture or related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in agricultural or related development programs
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge related to the aquaculture, cowpea, maize, rice, and/or soybeans value chain(s)
- Demonstrated experience in using collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) approaches for private sector engagement
- Experience working in Kaduna, Kebbi, Niger, Benue, Ebonyi, Cross River, and/or Delta State
- English fluency is required; fluency in Pidgin English and/or other local languages is highly desirable
Application Closing Date
19th July, 2019.
The post Agriculture State Coordinator at Chemonics International appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.