African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Internal Auditor, PAGL2
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50001344
- The President plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including: Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
The Hiring Department
- The Office of the Auditor General provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Bank’s operations. It also assists the Bank to accomplish its strategic objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- The Office of the Auditor General is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling a broad, comprehensive program of auditing and consulting/advisory services both internally and externally including, without limitation, all projects and programs of the Bank group.
- The primary role of the Principal Internal Auditor is to design and develop a data analytics process to support the Internal Audit Department and cross-functional stakeholders. In addition, the Analyst will support the department to develop solutions to automate manual activities and develop solutions to help address other related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, the Principal Internal Auditor will:
- Design and develop improved data analytics routines and processes to support internal audit activities, coordinate acquisition and implementation of approved data analytics tools and templates, facilitate staff capacity building (training) and relevant change management activities;
- Interact with management and business partners to identify appropriate data sources and elements required for analytics and validate the completeness and accuracy of data received. In addition, put in place the infrastructure required for optimal data extraction, transformation and loading from a wide variety of data sources;
- Contribute to identification of data analytics opportunities during engagement planning, extract, transform and evaluate data using analytical/logical reasoning to examine trends, perform controls testing and provide insights to engagement teams;
- Automate and develop dashboards for monitoring and reporting on routine department activities such as follow-up of audit recommendations, staff utilisation (time management), and engagement status monitoring;
- Liaise with department leadership to identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement of data analytics processes and automation of manual activities, and take ownership of new process implementations;
- Use data analysis tools to create repeatable data analytics to support continuous auditing of critical automated controls;
- Translate data analytics results and findings into comprehensive and succinct deliverables that can be easily referenced during the engagement process and develop compelling visuals during the reporting process;
- Provide data analysis support during development of the long-term/annual work program, special projects and ad-hoc assignments, as needed;
- Implement a central data analytics repository, and put in place measures to control, manage and maintain the repository.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Audit, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or another quantitative field.
- A minimum of six (6) years of data analytics experience (internal audit experience is a plus).
- Strong quantitative, analytical, machine learning, data-intuition, and problem-solving skills in areas such as data extraction, analysis, machine learning and visualizations, leveraging tools such as SQL, Python, Tableaux, R, ACL, Oracle Optics, Qlikview, and Power BI.
- Sound knowledge and experience of information systems (SAP), and popular databases such as Oracle.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while ensuring quality and exceeding client expectations.
- Ability to apply international standards to deliver quality audit report in line with the Bank’s strategy needs/situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Application Closing Date
11th January, 2020.
The post Principal Internal Auditor at African Development Bank Group (AfDB) appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.