CA Global Headhunters is an Africa-focused Recruitment company offering permanent, interim, executive, retained and contract jobs in Africa across a spectrum of industry sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Trade Finance and FI Lending – (Trade Products / Loans / Strategy)
- Assist in the development and implementation of the strategy and business development plan for the Trade Finance and FI Lending unit. Liaise with relevant stakeholders including Finance, Risk, Operations, etc. to ensure strategy is achievable and in line with corporate objectives.
- Support organizational review and tracking of corporate objectives by developing and providing regular business reports (in a suitable format) to the relevant units.
- In conjunction with Finance, support business planning and analysis for the Trade Finance and FI Lending unit, including preparation of revenue and asset forecasts.
- Assist with the review, planning and implementation of the unit’s credit risk allocation requirements in light of the unit’s revenue objectives.
- Deal Origination and Execution
- Support the development of a marketing strategy for the Trade Finance and FI Lending unit.
- Support the development of new relationships with financial institutions across Africa with a focus on debt origination (trade finance and other loan transactions) and equity opportunities, as well as the general expansion of the deal pipeline.
- Lead / participate in the investment appraisal process including the preparation of investment memoranda, relevant research, approval memos, facility renewal memos, financial modelling and analysis, risk assessments, etc.
- Negotiate risk fees and appropriately price transactions.
- Assist with the development and update of standard documents such as term sheets, facility agreements, etc. Work hand in hand with the legal department, from review stage to closure, the legal documentation pertaining to transactions being pursued by the unit.
- Relationship Management
- Maintain solid professional relationships with existing and potential banking and non-banking financial institution clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Lead due diligence efforts (KYC, AML, Sanctions, ABC) on current and prospective clients and partners.
- Monitor and manage credit lines for existing obligors. Ensure optimization of credit
- allocation by balancing deal opportunities with risk-return (pricing) requirements.
- Identify requirements for new credit allocations (depending on business objectives,
- client requirements and risk appetite) and initiate discussions with the Credit Risk Officer to put the same in place.
- Monitor existing trade finance portfolio as required. Ensure compliance with the
- company’s credit policies to minimize the incidence of bad and/or nonperforming loans.
- Loan Syndication
- Develop presentations and proposals to potential clients for syndicated Mandated Lead Arranger (MLA) roles.
- Assist in building competitive deal structures and pricing in line with the risk return models.
- Prepare syndication materials and loan placement documents including PIM.
- Lead and participate in any FI debt syndication related initiatives within the company.
- Market Intelligence and specialist knowledge
- Keep abreast of external and internal trends and developments relating to Financial Instutitions’ products from a DFI perspective and demonstrate understanding of their applicability to the business of the company.
- Assist in developing effective proactive responses to key trends to ensure that the company’s interest is protected at all times.
- Contribute specialist knowledge during all phases of product development and ongoing product management activities.
- Highlight and/or manage any operational risk aspects pertaining to the Trade Finance and FI Lending unit.
- Manage Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) for the Financial Services division.
- Represent the business unit head at all meetings when required.
- Manage unit expenses in line with expense management policy and other policy guidelines issued from time to time.
- A strong first degree in Engineering/Economics/Finance from a recognized university.
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Investment or a related field of study.
- Relevant certifications.
- 5 years of work experience with at least 2 years of experience in product management, credit risk analysis or relationship management roles at an international financial organization.
- Fluency in English and French.
Application Closing Date
The post Associate, Trade Finance and FI Lending at CA Global appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.