VoguePay is Nigeria’s leading online secure payment processor, offering both individual and business merchants an opportunity to transact seamlessly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief Operations Officer
Job type: Full-time
- We seek to employ a highly skilled Deputy Chief Operations Officer (COO) who will among other functions:
- Provide key support functions to the COO in overseeing our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures.
- Render the necessary assistance to the COO in planning, directing and overseeing the company’s operational policies, rules, initiatives, and goals.
- Receive necessary directives from the COO in executing long-term and short-term plans and directives by implementing judgement, vision, management, and leadership.
- Assist the COO in maintaining control of diverse business operations,
- Collaborate with the COO in playing a critical role in helping to shape and guide the future growth and development of the company.
To succeed at this role, the candidate will be expected to provide a second in charge/ key support functions to the Chief Operations Officer in performing the following duties:
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Primarily oversee companys’s daily operations in all business areas for effective goal actualization
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes by evaluating performance ,analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Provide mentoring to all employees, including management
- Coordinate with human resources department to recruit skilled talent and keep the best employees
- Ensure an effective and efficient operating model is maintained
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Prepare and submit monthy,quarterly ,bi- annually and annual operational reports ,budget to the CEO
- Leverage the advantages of bringing together the operational expertise and drive through more efficient ways of working
- Ensure strategic objectives shaped at Executive Management level are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money
- Review performance against balanced scorecard components as prescribed by the Executive Management, discuss gaps and agree on action plans to close gaps.
- Benchmark productivity of each departments against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity and drive business direction
- Lead and support organizational budgeting process
- Support and advise the Executive Director and Board of Directors in decision making aligned with the strategic plan
- Jointly sign off capital expenditure within budget. This includes approving purchase or sell decisions for opeational purchases ,expenses among other financial obligations
- Provide Human Resources oversight in areas such as recruitment, hiring and compensation policies,benefits administration and oversight,professional training and development, including new employee orientation,regulatory oversight and legal compliance,development and oversight of annual employee review process,development and oversight of retention and employee well-being strategies,oversight of payroll submission and reports
- People Management/Leadership:Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and peers on Executive Management to ensure the correct focus
- Provide clear directions on strategic goals, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures.
- Monitor the strict adherence to governance and setting high standards of professionalism across the functions
- Review Performance Improvement reports to determine effectiveness of interventions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Requisite experience in HR frameworks, Financial management, Marketing -Business Development ,Customer Service,Legal Compliance and Operations
- Financial reporting capabilities including budgeting and cash flow management
- Strong general IT infrastructure knowledge
- Financial planning industry knowledge
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Post graduate degree/M.Sc/MBA is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years strong business management operational experience across a range of business disciplines with 2+ years in senior management position(s).
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 19th December, 2019.
The post Deputy Chief Operations Officer at Vogue Web Solutions Limited appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.