MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title Supervisor, Expediting
Employment status: Permanent
- Assist in the process of tracking trading stock, assets and any other material that may be handled in MTN’s warehouse or by an outsourced service provider and driving the timely delivery of business targets with the sole aim of improving business performance.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Sales & Distribution Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Assist department in conducting demand planning, develop budgets for the upcoming year and implement plans to achieve the desired targets.
- Ability to analyze and consider critical parameters (i.e. cost, safety, carrier availability, etc.) before finalizing transport vendor
- Identify progress milestones and resolve operational issues.
- Take remedial action in case of slippage.
- Maintain control sheets for bulks and periodically update project management on the status of all P.Os.
- Identify potential delays to the agreed schedule.
- Initiate remedial action such as commit more manpower, sub contract part of purchase order, reschedule work activities, offer alternative materials etc.
- Coordinate inspection and logistics activities between supplier and concerned parties.
- Authorize third party inspection agencies for taking up inspection activities.
- Review inspection report and verify for compliance with PO requirements in consultation with Project Managers and respective discipline.
- Assist with any queries raised by internal/ external auditors
- Liaise with demand planning to identify stock levels and the inbound movement of stock
- Improve productivity and quality through leading practice initiatives
- Participate and provide inputs in project status meeting
- Propose operational changes and provide associated user impact assessment
- Timely notification of escalations to the Manager
- Resolve escalations as per defined escalation/resolution procedures
- Participate and provide inputs in operational meetings
- Set up and manage ad hoc meetings for day to day operational requirements
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Build and maintain productive relationship with key regional stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient regional stock availability and distribution and deal with related issues and problems.)
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and implement training interventions for retail participants to ensure adequate knowledge of MTNN products.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours.
Requirements, Experience & Training
- First Degree/HND in Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance, Industrial Relations or any numerate discipline
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain, Engineering, Accounting or Finance (ACA, ACCA, CMA, SCOR-P, CBAP, CIPM, CSCP or CSCMP)
- Fluent in English
- 3 or more years of post-graduation experience in Logistics, Warehousing, Inventory management, Procurement, Financial processing at a FMCG, Telecom or any other relevant organization
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience in managing people
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Knowledge of the process of receipt and movement of materials within warehouse
- Knowledge of the process of inventory management
- Knowledge of the process of logistics management
- Supply chain management
- Best practice in distribution administration and logistics planning.
- Inventory Control and management systems.
- BSc or HND.
Application Closing Date
23rd December, 2019.