Zido.co Network Limited is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Truck Supervisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- A truck supervisor job is to schedule drivers to pick up and deliver loads to customers or vendors, but that just scratches the surface.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Keep records, monitoring drivers’ daily logs for errors or violations and monitoring their working hours and truck availability.
- Supervise drivers who transport cargo to and from specified locations.
- Supervise drivers’ performance, allocate driver assignments, ensure compliance with safety standards, and maintain all trucks in top working order.
- Schedule drivers and assigns routes to maximize productivity.
- Monitor the transportation budget to ensure funds are properly utilized and implement organizational objectives as dictated by management.
- Manage database that detail transport activities, drivers’ schedules and records.
- Coordinate and manage the most efficient loads to remain cost-effective as a company, combining shipments based on their routes and timeline to minimize how many trucks and drivers are out.
- Determine the best delivery methods with vendors and customers, and get the necessary documents and permits that drivers will need when shipping chemicals or livestock.
- Train drivers in department policies and procedures, maintain drivers’ conduct.
- Serve as a point of contact for customers, building relationships and addressing complaints.
- Highly organized analytical thinker with good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines under pressure.
- The male candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years cognate work experience in a reputable Haulage / transport or Logistics company with a good knowledge of Apapa/Tincan Island Ports operations as well management of not less than 12 truck fleets.
- Tech Savvy
Application Closing Date
7th January, 2020.