VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria’s informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary
Functions & Responsibilities
- Organizing, preparing agendas for and taking minutes of board meetings quarterly and annual general meetings (AGMs) and Extra-ordinary (EGMs);
- Timely Scheduling and organization of AGMs, Board and Board Committee meetings;
- Circulation of minutes of meeting within 48hours of convening meetings
- Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries; and Issuance of share certificates
- Maintaining the register of shareholders and monitoring changes in share ownership of the company;
- Contributing to meeting discussions as and when required, and advising members, of the legal, governance and tax implications of proposed policies;
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders;
- Managing share option schemes, share issues, mergers and takeovers processes;
- Managing the legal aspect of the Group’s transactions including acquisitions, rights offers, transfer of shares, mergers etc;
- Drafting of Policies, procedures and rules to ensure world class governance standard, and consistently ensure the effectiveness of the Group’s corporate governance framework.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory framework for Corporate Governance
- Ensure that statutory filings, notices of change and other regulatory filing are done within the regulated timelines
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
- Set up Due Diligence procedure for investors and administer same.
- Conduct proper Due Diligence on all prospective shareholder
- Ensure effective and efficient filing system.
- Ensure proper custody of sensitive documents
- Ensure proper titles and ownership of Group’s assets.
- Categorization of documents in custody and also reflect the degree of Security allowed same.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure the corporate calendar is ready before the first working day of the year.
- 100% performance against the approved Corporate Calendar;
- Number of times minutes of meeting is circulated before the prescribed 48hours
- Update the various statutory books within 2 weeks of any change;
- Level of stakeholders’ awareness of information and agreed policies and communication of same within 24 hours.
- Ensure zero penalty in regulatory filings, and ensure filings are done on the due date provided there are no operational constraints
- Communication of changes in relevant legislation and actions taken to ensure implementation and compliance within 48 hours of such change;
- Initiate due diligence procedure within 24 hours of being briefed.
- Ensure document is released within 10 minutes of request.
- Ensure documents are not released without appropriate authorization.
- Financial Target – To be given
Skills / Competence Requirements
- Planning and good book keeping skills, proficiency in electronic meeting scheduling, tracking and prompters;
- Proactive and analytical skills, good relationship management and communication skills.
- Integrity and Accuracy
- Knowledge of regulations and policies relevant to the company business objects
- Proactive Attitude
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity,
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
- Communication (oral & written)
- Good multitasking capabilities
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft
- Minimum of a first degree or its equivalent in a Law or related discipline except if exempted.
- A recognised professional certification will be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
9th January, 2020.