mDoc is digital health start up that leverages behavioral science, data, technology and quality improvement methodologies to improve access to quality healthcare for people with chronic health needs in sub-Saharan Africa. We are seeking an all-star product suite lead to join our team. Our ethos is etched in the belief that augmenting the healthcare & technology landscape is paramount to helping Africa unlock its true potential. We are on a mission to transform how African healthcare consumers receive the support they need to live longer, healthier, happier and more productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Analyst
- In this position, you will be a part of the team cohort providing direct (virtual and in-person) selfmanagement support services to pregnant women, who face challenges with hypertension, obesity, anemia and diabetes via our innovative self-management model.
- You will work closely with the executive team, business leaders across the company and markets, and directly contribute to the design and build of our growing Finance function.
- We are rapidly developing capabilities across accounting, FP&A, treasury, corporate finance, capital budgeting, audit and tax, risk management and regulatory and investor reporting, and require capable generalists with extraordinary attention to detail and a great work ethic to push our business forward.
- Along with the mDoc leadership team, you will cultivate an environment reflecting the values of mDoc Healthcare, including respect for our members and team members.
- Providing optimal member-centred care and experience is of critical importance to mDoc so we are looking for people who embody this in mind and action.
- You must be data-driven or willing to be datadriven such that you are looking constantly at your member needs, responding to them and also looking at population level data and coming up with ideas on how to drive continued engagement and adherence.
- We are looking for risk-takers with a LOT of initiative who are willing to learn and grow with and add value to a startup company that wants to help people improve their health and wellness.
- You must be someone who is comfortable with technology, working remotely and supporting your groups of individuals remotely as well as in person.
- You must be responsive to their needs and willing to be adaptive.
The Financial Analyst will:
- Consolidate and analyze financial data from members to determine affordability for support programs (income, expenses forecasts etc)
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
- Work as part of the Patient Support Program (PSP) Team to manage enquiries relating to members receiving the PSP service.
- Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions to the executive team based on sound analysis
- Track and determine financial status of members by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting date
- Be based in Lagos
- Be required to use technology for a majority of the work
- BA / BS degree in Business / Accounting / Finance with 2 years of accounting or finance experience
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines;
- Excellent financial, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills, with exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and organization;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Ability to establish and maintain effective and healthy working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients;
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines is necessary;
- Demonstrates ability to work with confidential and sensitive data.
- A recognition that mDoc is an early-stage startup so we work around the clock and want people who are willing to work super hard and who are willing to problem-solve as a collective.
- Fluency in English required.
- Strong communication and “person-centred” skills
Application Closing Date
10th January, 2020.