The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the anticipated prevention of gender-based violence and livelihoods support project.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Community Engagement Assistant
Location: Kukawa, Borno
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Duration: 1 (One) Year
Summary of Position
- The Community Engagement Assistant will support the Project Director.
- S/he will have a deep understanding and in-depth knowledge of local customs and culture and using this to ensure that project is well understood and supported by the various communities within the respective states.
- BA in Sociology, Psychology or similar
- 3 years community experience in the area of education, livelihoods etc.
- Good local knowledge of the state/LGA
- Good network within the state system/LGA
- Experience in the social welfare, health and or traditional sector in the target state/LGA
- Ability to speak the local language of the target LGA preferred
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2020.