Youverify’s mission is to be the most reliable source of identity, address and background data verification. Since been peer-selected by cohort members of Village Capital PayPal Fintech 2018, Youverify has continued to shift the verification landscape with our product offerings. As a company that provides modern and compliant identity and address verification services for government, global enterprises and startups, Youverify knows first-hand how difficult it may be for business to verify the identity of their customers, staffs and partners and we want to help to make this process as simple and as easy as possible.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer (Backend)
Job type: 2 Contract and 1 Full-time
Slot: 3 Openings
- This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-growing scale up and product driven environment using new technologies and frameworks as we continue building our ID verification solution.
- We are looking for a Software Engineer (Backend) to join the Technology team to build the next-generation applications to solving complex problems and work with a world-class engineering and product team to deliver innovative products for our users.
- Design and implement new features and enhancements using NodeJS.
- Fix bugs assigned during the sprint planning process.
- Design, innovate and solve complex problems inherent in operating a high scale classifieds platform.
- Play a key role in reviewing and approving the work of your peers as part of the software development process.
- Interact with product owners, partners and business stakeholders to understand and develop requirements
- Debugging and Improvement of existing systems.
- Expand our micro-services architecture
- Management of all 3rd party tool relationships and integrations from a technical aspect. i.e. SMS providers, Email, APIs, Finance tools, Marketing tools, Business tools, AWS etc.
- 2+ years experience working with NodeJS
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management
- Intermediate understanding of unit and integration testing, and testing frameworks/libraries Ч Mocha, Jest etc
- Strong preference for test-driven-development (TDD) and understands its importance
- Experience having worked with at least one Web Framework for your language of choice
- Comfort and familiarity with code editor and formatting tools
- Familiarity with at least one web server technology Ч (ex: Apache, Nginx)
- Working knowledge of at least one CI/CD tool Ч Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Familiarity with containerization infrastructure(Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of micro services (or SOA), Docker, and/or distributed systems.
- Good working knowledge of NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Elastic, Cassandra), Relational Database Systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle), Messaging Systems (RabbitMQ)
- Experience with managing and deploying applications on AWS/Digitalocean
In addition to the requirements listed above, candidate need to possess a combination of the following soft skills:
- Integrity and honesty
- Effective communication
- Critical thinking
- Willingness to learn
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Full medical coverage
- Very attractive Remuneration
- A unique opportunity of growth and having strong impact in building the African identity and data management sector
- Top Range Machines
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2020.
The post Software Engineer (Backend) at Youverify – 3 Openings appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.