ZOA are an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offer RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA want to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA work in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and have approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant – WaSH
Location: Jere, Monguno LGA, Borno
Slot: 2 Openings
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
- ZOA started operations in Nigeria December 2016, supporting IDPs and returnees of Boko Haram affected states.
- In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households.
- Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA’s programme.
- ZOA currently have full team in Borno State; respond to the critical needs in Food Security and livelihood and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Purpose of the position
- The WaSH Assistant supports the Project Manager WaSH in the implementation of WaSH project activities in Jere and Monguno LGAs, Nigeria.
- These activities are centred on mainstreaming COVID-19 prevention in existing food security and WaSH activities in the project locations.
- He/she will report to the Project Manager WaSH on the progress of his/her activities. The position is based in Monguno, ZOA Nigeria.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the WASH officer and Project Manager, support hygiene promotion and COVID-19 prevention awareness activities within communities
- Assist the WASH officer/Project Manager in implementing the behavior change methodologies including (PHAST) and CHAST for the WASH programs.
- Participate in data collection activities, i.e., baseline, end line, Knowledge, Attitude and Practices
- (KAP) and household surveys including beneficiary’s identification and registration
- Contribute to weekly and monthly reports and other ad hoc reports to meet donor and internal requirements; maintain an accurate reporting and data management of activities (including an updated attendance sheets for hygiene promotion sessions).
- Conduct trainings, support and participate in distribution activities
- Supervise activities of hygiene promoters, community volunteers and WASH Committees (WASHCOMs)
- Participate in the development of information, education and communication (IEC) materials relevant to the context; with appreciation of cultural norms and beliefs.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to ZOA and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
- Develop key productions to increase ZOA’s communication within local communities in Monguno to promote program activities and increase awareness and acceptance;
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the WASH officer or WASH [Deputy] Project Manager.
- With support of the PM and MEAL team, manage and educate project communities and beneficiaries about ZOA’s safe complaints/feedback and response mechanisms;
- Receive, refer and or respond to complaints/feedbacks receive from communities and beneficiaries
- Ensure that beneficiaries are aware of their rights under the project implementation
- Ensure the holding of monthly or period community/beneficiaries feedback meetings
- Document, protect and account for complaints and feedback received from communities
- Any other duty that is reasonably consistent with the key tasks of the function.
- Community members and community leaders;
- Vendors and contractors;
- Other organizations
- Any other stakeholders in project implementation at community level;
- Project staff;
- ZOA office staff;
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
- Minimum of Diploma in related field.
- At least 1-2 years’ previous experience in implementing hygiene promotion
- Knowledge of SPHERE minimum standard, humanitarian principles and protection mainstreaming in WASH intervention
- Competence in English,
- Knowledge of spoken and or written Hausa, Kanuri and or Shuwa will be added advantage
- Residency within the project location is an added value.
- Proven skills in computer programs (Word, Excel; minimum)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent skills in report writing and meeting date lines
- Demonstrated ability to work in volatile environment
Application Closing Date
5:00pm; 24th April, 2020.
The post Project Assistant – WaSH at ZOA Nigeria – 2 Openings appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.